ECX Ruckus 2wd steering dilemna...

AndyinPa

Trying to figure out what is going on with my "auto-steer" ruckus right now. I have a 2wd brushless 1/10 Ruckus with a Lipo battery. I have a Savox SAVSA-1230SG servo installed (long story, stripped the factory one, swapped the HR steering servo savor in, was set too tight and stripped a HiTec HS5645MG servo, loosened the savor and swapped in the Savox). It steers really nice right now, BUT for some reason it seems to want to automatically turn into a slide all the time. On grass or even on road, I will drift the back out, and when I come out of the throttle the car will just turn into the drift, effectively rolling it if I don't turn out of it in time. I am wondering if this has something to do with the AVC somehow? Anyone have any suggestions or seen this problem?

Warning long post.

It may be an avc problem but in my opinion just turn it off it doesn’t give you the real 2wd driving experience (if yours is 2wd, even while working properly). Considering it is a savox look around for glitch busters, most BEC systems don’t put out enough amps for proper operation of these servos, they suck so much power but running good they are indestructible.

I run my AE B6d with savox at 4.8v bec im not sure the amps but it’s not enough. If I crash and the servo gets torque tripped (front wheels jammed against something) the servo pulls enough amps to almost shut down the fans. I have the spektrum glitch buster and it still slows from fast steering but not enough to glitch out.

Also don’t run savox in water I don’t think they are waterproof and if that’s the case who knows what’s wrong with it.
I have gotten water on mine before but as long as it’s not constant exposure.

I have to try a few things to see if its just a binding problem between the transmitter and receiver. I have a feeling that once i start working with some of the AVC adjustments I'll be able to fix it, just haven't had time to mess with it since I found the problem. Stay tuned, I'll update this when I figure it out. I assumed that others may have had a similar problem since some of these came with AVC, but I guess that was not the case.

When you come off of the throttle, do the wheels lock up causing it to turn(slide) to the side? It might be the drag brake setting.

Which AVC receiver do you have? I know that mine is a 4 channel receiver, but AVC won't work if you have more than 2 channels used.

When you come off of the throttle, do the wheels lock up causing it to turn(slide) to the side? It might be the drag brake setting.

Which AVC receiver do you have? I know that mine is a 4 channel receiver, but AVC won't work if you have more than 2 channels used.

I have the 4210 AVC receiver, probably the same one you have. No, what is happening is the AVC seems to be causing my car to compensate with the steering the wrong way. After reading some helpful hints and troubleshooting guides, I think I need to re-bind it to the transmitter, because I did have the steering reversed on another servo I had in the car.

One way to check your AVC is to hold your car up and move the back end left and right. If you're transmitter is sitting with the wheel straight, your front wheels will stay in the direction you started in.
A re-bind is quick and easy, so you may as well do it just in case.

I just wanted to close this thread out and let everyone know that a re-bind and re-cal solved this problem. I was testing another servo, and I think that must have caused problems with the AVC. Once I re-bound it and did the calibration all is good now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back