ECX1092 (Rear Suspension Mount) Upgrade

Mongol Pete

What's new ECX Amp fans?

Does anyone know of a way to upgrade, or maybe DIY strengthen the rear suspension mount? There is a little break in the plastic so one of the hinge pins comes out on hard landings. I think just using screws with bigger heads might work, but maybe one of you guys have had this issue and found a fix?

Here's hoping...

Thanks,
MP

Duh, apologies, should have read the question better (as my maths teacher used to say) to avoid providing the right answer to a completely different question :)

If your Maths teacher wanted you to listen, he should have been less boring. I mean, nobody really uses all that stuff in real life anyway, right? ;)

What's new ECX Amp fans?

Does anyone know of a way to upgrade, or maybe DIY strengthen the rear suspension mount? There is a little break in the plastic so one of the hinge pins comes out on hard landings. I think just using screws with bigger heads might work, but maybe one of you guys have had this issue and found a fix?

Here's hoping...

Thanks,
MP
I tapped a hole through the outer edge of the hinge pin mount and ran a 10 mm screw up from the bottom. It will keep the pin in for a while, but not really a permanent fix. I’m eventually going to make that front pin mount out of aluminum. Already did it for the front bulkhead and it has taken some severe punishment.

I tapped a hole through the outer edge of the hinge pin mount and ran a 10 mm screw up from the bottom. It will keep the pin in for a while, but not really a permanent fix. I’m eventually going to make that front pin mount out of aluminum. Already did it for the front bulkhead and it has taken some severe punishment.

Thanks Jeb,
I ordered the RPM rear Circuit arms, and it sounds like they use a similar system to hold in the hinge pins. We'll see. Also, let me know if you have an aluminum rear suspension mount for sale.

MP

I drilled the front hole for the hinge pins out into the battery area, then used tent stakes and cut them a little longer then the stock hinge pins, so they are flush with the outside of the front hole. Then I used a small screw in the front to mimic the rear screw that holds the pin in. I did this one Saturday afternoon as a temp fix to keep going about 4 months ago, and it's been holding up to some horrific crashes since then. Just make sure you don't need your battery to go all the way back as there will be screw heads poking out. This was done on a circuit

What's new ECX Amp fans?

Here's hoping...

Thanks,
MP
https://www.asiatees.com/display?id=101979&brand=ECX&model=Ruckus&in=1&pid=1
It's out of stock at boom racing but if enough of us list our email as waiting for it, they might make a batch.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?id=101979&brand=ECX&model=Ruckus&in=1&pid=1
It's out of stock at boom racing but if enough of us list our email as waiting for it, they might make a batch.

Right piece, wrong vehicle. That won't fit the amp. The amp and circuit one is flatter, and mounts flush to the bottom of the chassis. Though I thought someone had a link on that same site to the amp style one in another thread. Maybe it was the ruckus one...

The only one I could find for my Torment was by Boom Racing...."rear center arm mount" - but it's discontinued. I've searched everywhere and nothing is available except for the ECX plastic version.

Honestly, between the in-store only BS, and the fact that I enjoy 4x4 bashers so much more now, the Amp will likely not see a lot of run time. The only reason I'm going to hold onto it is because I made it over to look like the Tamiya Falcon I had as a kid. I will fix it so it is ready to run, but it will likely be getting more shelf time then run time from now on. I am done with ECX.

Members online

No members online now.
Back