ESC and motor bullet size mismatch, opinions and suggestions wanted.

WithinU

Hi gang,
As the title states, I recently purchased a new Hobbywing Max10 SCT esc and separately purchased a Hobbywing Ezrun 3652 G2 3300kv brushless motor. Welp, I guess I learned a lesson, I wasn't expecting the bullet sizes to be different, the female bullet connectors on the ESC are bigger than the male bullet connectors on the motor? Is this a thing?
What suggestions do you guys have?
1) purchase a set of correct bullet sizes
2) check to see if my local hardware store has any suitable electric connectors
3) hard wire them together

Also it would be nice to have you opinion about this setup? Could it have been better? Obviously with the correct bullet sizes. LOL

s-l1600.jpg

EzrunMax10SCTESC01.jpg

I would contact HobbyWing and ask for a replacement of the right size
Thanks for the reply Spanky, I actually thought about that, but technically which one has the right size, or do both have the right size for what they are. I went back and poured over the web pages for these, and it doesn't state anywhere, that I can find, where it states what size of bullet connectors each one has. that's why I entertained the thought of soldering them hard lined together or coming up with the correct bullet sizes for which ever one I want to use.
I will grab a pair of calipers and measure them to see what size each of the components are.

I guess I assumed that the bullet size was a standard thing per gauge of wire, both have the same wire qauge, that is what threw me, when the motor bullets are all loosey goosey in the ESC bullets.

Thanks for the replies @Spanky, I appreciate it.
I measured the bullets last night with my calipers, and the female bullets on the ESC are in fact 4mm, actually 4.04mm. The male bullets on this motor is 3.63 mm. Maybe that is the "standard" bullet size for this particular motor idk.
The leads on the ESC are quite long, I may just hard wire the motor to the ESC? Not ideal but I can make it work?

you can change them for sure, hit you local hobby shop and see if the have 4mm bullet ends, make sure they fit tight

WithinU, don't hard wire them. Do as Spanky said, go to your local hobby shop and pick up the correct bullet connectors. You can also find them online as well, eBay, Amazon, ect. If you don't have one, you will need to get a good soldering iron and solder, and maybe a helping hands.61up82BVLmL._AC_SL1300_.jpg

I haven't had a lot of time here lately to work on them much. I do have 4mm bullets on order. They are fairly expensive for 3 pairs. :oops:
And I wanted to drive a bit, so I thru my old GoolRC back in and, RIP🪦 last plastic spur gear......:whistle:

Just an update, Hobbywing 4mm are on backorder now, after I have conformation of shipping? LOL Bummer they were really hard to find, every where I looked they were sold out. Except for the UK and Germany....LOL
I have a set of Castle 4mm bullets on order now. God I hope they work. LOL
P/N: CSE095-0007-00

Hi gang,
As the title states, I recently purchased a new Hobbywing Max10 SCT esc and separately purchased a Hobbywing Ezrun 3652 G2 3300kv brushless motor. Welp, I guess I learned a lesson, I wasn't expecting the bullet sizes to be different, the female bullet connectors on the ESC are bigger than the male bullet connectors on the motor? Is this a thing?
What suggestions do you guys have?
1) purchase a set of correct bullet sizes
2) check to see if my local hardware store has any suitable electric connectors
3) hard wire them together

Also it would be nice to have you opinion about this setup? Could it have been better? Obviously with the correct bullet sizes. LOL

View attachment 7114

View attachment 7115

Always hard-wire your esc to your motor for best performance/least resistance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back