ESC's created equal?

WithinU

This more of an inquisitive post/question.
I have not tried it myself, but I have been mulling it over.
Are ESC's created equal? I would guess that answer is NO.

Ok with that established, I assume it is ok to run a (pick you flavor ESC) with (pick your flavor Brushless motor)?
I guess what I am asking is it ok to mix and match ESC vs Motor's. Can I use a Castle Creations ESC with a GoolRC brushless motor. Is there Limits?

Would one expect the matched setup to act or perform differently when with mixed brands?

Could I take my Dynamite Tazer ESC (which runs like a beast), and pare the ESC with the GoolRC brushless motor, will I get the same results as having the GoolRC combo together? Will the Dynamite ESC make the GoolRC motor run as beastly as the Dynamite Tazer brushless motor?`

As long as the motor doesn't exceed the limits of the esc it doesn't matter what brand motor you run with what brand esc.

It depends on what Dynamite esc you have currently and what GoolRC esc you are comparing it to.

I would stay away from Spektrum firma. I've burnt up 2 on my infraction already. I switched to arrmas esc and have had no issues as of yet.. so far I've had a doa lipo, charger also deo charger and two esc's burn up. Spektrum sucks...

I would stay away from Spektrum firma. I've burnt up 2 on my infraction already. I switched to arrmas esc and have had no issues as of yet.. so far I've had a doa lipo, charger also deo charger and two esc's burn up. Spektrum sucks...
You downgraded your esc, I would have went with a Max8 as that is what the Firma esc essentially is the Arrma BLX185 is just a rebranded WP8BL150.

Latest posts

Members online

Back