Excited about the Barrage Gen.2

Jeb

I recently picked up a used K-10 Vaterra Ascender after a lot of research. It’s a great rig out of the box, but my son needs a crawler now so I can pull him out . His Birthday is next month and since I didn’t get to build mine, I’m excited to help him build the new Barrage. I was reluctant, but the new kit seems to be a great starter crawler with a few of the kinks worked out. Here’s a quick show of the Vaterra.

Last edited:
Just remember that if you want the latest tech in the Barrage line, the RGT Bowler is pretty much the "Barrage Gen. 3" (eBay AU link).

This is probably common knowledge, but literally all ECX do is slap a sticker on it. Here's a side-by-side photo of the "Spektrum" S603 that came stock on my ECX Boost, and the no-name "Warhead R-68139A" that came stock on my RGT RC4 (known to all of us as the ECX Barrage once Horizon put a couple stickers on it).

[GALLERY=media, 398]Servo Comparison by Aiden posted Apr 12, 2018 at 11:29 AM[/GALLERY]

Only question is what came first - the Horizon chicken, or the HSP / RGT egg?

By the way, I'm not knocking ECX. Just suggesting you save yourself 33% of the price and buy the 3rd gen. rig.

Last edited:
Do you mean , the RGT Bowler is pretty much the "Barrage Gen. 2" not 3? I see no advancements in the Bowler over the Gen 2, unless I'm missing something.

Not sure if the "quit your day job!" comment is necessary, in response to a legitimate question. So much for WoodiE wanting this to be a friendly forum.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back