First generation Ruckus and Torment ESCs.

GWS361

I have a first generation Ruckus and Torment. Actually, a Circuit too.
I hadn't messed with them in about 10 years. At least it seems like 10 years. I just got them out of storage and got the Torment running in stock form. The question I have is, can the stock ESC run a 2S lipo? I've seen that the newer ones can, but couldn't find info on the old ESCs.
If anyone knows, please let me know.
Thank you.

Hi!

I have the "first gen" Boost and Circuit (ElectrixRC). I have used 2s lipo batteries in both when they still had their original electronics. If you look on youtube at the original reviews from UltimateRC, you will see that they have also used 2s in the cars. The only thing is, that you will need a lipo alarm to warn you when the battery is reaching a low charge level.

-Dave

Hi!

I have the "first gen" Boost and Circuit (ElectrixRC). I have used 2s lipo batteries in both when they still had their original electronics. If you look on youtube at the original reviews from UltimateRC, you will see that they have also used 2s in the cars. The only thing is, that you will need a lipo alarm to warn you when the battery is reaching a low charge level.

-Dave
Thank you for the info. Eventually they will go brushless, but for now, I just want to get them running. I have lipo batteries, so I was hoping I could use those.

Ok, one more question, for now. My Circuit turned buggy is missing a drive shaft. Is it the same as the Ruckus and Torment? What's the upgrade?

Last edited:
The drive shaft for the 2wd cars except for the boost is the same. You can buy the original, or go for Traxxas 6852X. Be sure to drill out the hole where it connects to the output shaft of the diff. I yet have to have that fail on me. I have a set in my son's brushless Boost and it's being used hard, but no failures.
I did have to shorten the shafts, because Boost shafts are shorter.
The stock screw pins fit, but the axle where the hex slides over has a bigger diameter. A simple fix is to drill out the plastic hex to 5mm, but a metal hex with a 5mm hole is recommended.
I have been a fsn of metal shafts, but if something does go bad with the diff, it's a real nightmare getting the lock nuts out sfter being loctited...Hope this helps.

-Dave

Last edited:
The drive shaft for the 2wd cars except for the boost is the same. You can buy the original, or go for Traxxas 6852X. Be sure to drill out the hole where it connects to the output shaft of the diff. I yet have to have that fail on me. I have a set in my son's brushless Boost and it's being used hard, but no failures.
I did have to shorten the shafts, because Boost shafts are shorter.
The stock screw pins fit, but the axle where the hex slides over has a bigger diameter. A simple fix is to drill out the plastic hex to 5mm, but a metal hex with a 5mm hole is recommended.
I have been a fsn of metal shafts, but if something does go bad with the diff, it's a real nightmare getting the lock nuts out sfter being loctited...Hope this helps.

-Dave
Thank you. I will look into that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back