First RC and traded for a Ruckus 4WD

Curt2199

Recently acquired this truck via trading and I'm pretty new to the RC area with the exception of a Litehawk Brute I picked up a while back.

Anyway the guy said the shocks had been upgraded and it has steel gears now. He had a 2400mah speed pack in it and also gave me an additional 2400 and 3300 with TRX connectors as well as a dynamite charger (red with multiple charge rates) and a spare 15t motor and ecs.

He did a short demo for me and it ran great. I took it home and got a few minutes out of it before it slowed down drastically so I assumed the battery was down and put it in the charger overnight. I took it out the next day and only for a few minutes out of it before the same thing happened so I picked up a TRX to EC3 adapter and charged up the 3300 pack. I put it in and same experience. A lot of power and speed for 3 minutes or so and then a quick slow down to an eventual crawl.

So now I'm thinking it's no the batteries and wondering if it's either the the motor or ecs getting hot. Thoughts?

Battery's could be past there life span. just a shot it the dark. is the ecs or motor really hot when this happens? if not ecs or motor isn't the problem. battery's seem to lose there ability to hold a charge after being recharged a bunch. so if ecs and motor aren't crazy hot. get a new battery

What ESC does it have? It sounds like it is set up for LiPo and your running NiMh batteries. Some of the ESC's out there will have either physical jumpers that need to be moved and others are set up in the programing via button pressing or program card.

This is a long shot but... are you running a Traxxas ESC? If so you want the light on the ESC to be red when it is turned on (red led while on is for NiMh/NiCd and green for LiPo only) If you run a NiMh/NiCd battery while the ESC is in LiPo mode it will cut out exactly as you described due to the auto LiPo cut off to prevent the battery from discharging too far.

Hopefully this helps, best of luck to ya!

If unsure what you have in it just post some pictures of it here.
If unsure how to post pictures, its easy.
  • Go to Photobucket or imgur and create an account.
  • Upload pictures to pb or imgur
  • Copy the direct link to the image
  • On the top of the post editor next to the smiley face is a box with mountains and the sun click that
  • Past direct link from image into the pop up box.

Latest posts

Members online

Back