Full metal transmission casing

Mjsmith08

Hello all I have started upgrading a lot of parts on my amp db. I started into this hobby 4 years ago with just the basic amp db and didn't really do much with it. I am working on upgrading to a brushless system and just wanted to see if I have any options to upgrade the transmission case to a metal one? I was looking at prices of a lot of parts I will need to upgrade the stock drivetrain and was hoping to find an all in one set for a more affordable price than buying each separate piece in the drivetrain and still being stuck with a plastic case. I don't like the idea of giving this thing more power and having a plastic housing for it all. I have stock axles for now since I would like to leave a weak link in the system for any breakage.

Things I've upgraded:
2s lipo battery
full metal gear 20kg servo
full traxxis camber links/rod ends
rpm servo saver eliminator
larger off-road tires

looking to upgrade soon:
full brushless system esc and transmitter
spur gear and full metal internal gears
transmission casing

I have 2 AMP MTs that i run with my kids. we upgraded to the Onyx 4000Kv brushless system: https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...r-combo-4000kv-3.5mm-bullet-ec3/ONXS0501.html and 3s LiPo. You definitely need metal gears (I left the stock gears in to see what would happen to them before updating to 3s and they melted within 2 runs). However, I have had zero issues with the transmission casing or drive shafts (now that I have said that, i will probably see mass failures this weekend!). I would recommend focusing on the steering mechanism - that is where I have seen the most failure with general bashing under the upgraded power.

I’m also running a 4000kv set up with a 60A esc. No problems with gearboxes yet. Just problems with axels so far. I have seen a vid of a guy on YouTube that put ax10 transmission into an amp platform. That’s a full metal gear and box set up.

Put a fresh set of sealed bearings in it yearly and you will be fine. I run 3S LiPo with the metal gear set, plastic spur amd stock driveshafts with no issues. Learn to set your slipper properly and don’t land jumps on power.

Put a fresh set of sealed bearings in it yearly and you will be fine. I run 3S LiPo with the metal gear set, plastic spur amd stock driveshafts with no issues. Learn to set your slipper properly and don’t land jumps on power.
Thanks always lephturn;/!

Latest posts

Members online

Back