Gearing for best battery life

P0SEID0N2025

Hello i have an Onyx 3000kv brushless combo in my ECX 2wd AMP MT And i want to get the most battery life out of it. I am currently running a 24t pinion gear and a steel hot racing spur gear that's the same size as stock. What can i do to with gearing get better battery life?

How much battery life do you get now? Isn’t that a larger pinion from stock? I would try going down on the pinion for heat reasons but not sure it will impact battery life that much or the right way.

What battery are you using?

How much battery life do you get now? Isn’t that a larger pinion from stock? I would try going down on the pinion for heat reasons but not sure it will impact battery life that much or the right way.

What battery are you using?
I'm using a Zeee 5200mah 3s 60c and i usually run on 50% power for about an hour or so. I let the motor take breaks every little while and its been fine. If i use the stock gearing i will have to use 100% power due to the lack of speed but the heat is next to none on stock gearing. The reason i need a gyro is because i want to run an aluminum servo saver or no servo saver at all which reduces the play in the steering resulting in it being harder to control because everything is so stiff compared to stock.

Generally stock gearing is usually the best balance for all things considered; Motor temps, top speed vs. Acceleration, battery life...

Any time you alter gearing it effects all those things.

Im running 87t spur 21t pinion on 3s. I have a 5000mah battery and runs for about an hour. Pretty much 100% temps get to about 185 max. Give or take. Im using hobbywing 3300kv motor and esc and car has not overheated. 24t seems high. Check ur temps

Im running 87t spur 21t pinion on 3s. I have a 5000mah battery and runs for about an hour. Pretty much 100% temps get to about 185 max. Give or take. Im using hobbywing 3300kv motor and esc and car has not overheated. 24t seems high. Check ur temps
Yeah my temps were getting decently high. i switched back to stock gearing and the motor runs cold. Could do with a couple more teeth on the pinion but im okay with it for now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back