Gearing help

ScottyD420

Hey guys I have an amp desert buggy with a brushless system in it 4370kv motor using a 2S a Lipo. The original gears were 87 tooth spur gear and 18 tooth pinion gear I changed it to an 85 tooth spur gear and a 23 tooth pinion gear and my motor is running hot now. With what's on it now, I have 9,947 RPMs. By doing the gearing formula if I drop the pinion down to a 21 tooth that should make my motor run less hot correct? By doing that it would be running at 9,086 Rpm. I'm wondering if this will be significant enough to have it run cooler?

Hey guys I have an amp desert buggy with a brushless system in it 4370kv motor using a 2S a Lipo. The original gears were 87 tooth spur gear and 18 tooth pinion gear I changed it to an 85 tooth spur gear and a 23 tooth pinion gear and my motor is running hot now. With what's on it now, I have 9,947 RPMs. By doing the gearing formula if I drop the pinion down to a 21 tooth that should make my motor run less hot correct? By doing that it would be running at 9,086 Rpm. I'm wondering if this will be significant enough to have it run cooler?
its worth a try or if your timing is adjustable you could try droppping the timing down to the next one that is selectable. that's what I did on my 18th torment. Hobbywing ezrun with 7800kv motor and 18t pinion. I was hitting the temp. shutoff. so i dropped the timing from 15 to 11 something and it def helped.

Latest posts

Members online

Back