have an question...

greetings! up till today, been great. I put a lipo battery in it and ran it a little bit, on/ off the gas, no long runs then she just stopped. the front tire turn but no forward or reverse. didn't seem overly hot. didn't' smell like ozone..
everything is stock, lipo is a 2c 7.4v 5000mah. been using a 8.4 3300 nimh battery. So... anybody have any ideas?? not sure if it esc or motor? not sure how to check them? any help be great!!!

Thanks!

It's not uncommon for the Amp ESC to just give up, I've had it on one of mine (the other is running strong though). Does it still do the do-re-mi beep when you power it on? When mine failed, the beeps had become extremely quiet, you had to keep your ear right on the ESC to hear it. Horizon sent me a replacement.

Oh and you can connect the motor directly to the battery (just touch the wires together for a brief moment) and it should spin. That way you can diagnose the motor.

I've had this happen, turning the Throttle Trim back to the centerpoint fixed it.

Thanks for the replys! No doesn't make the sound when I turn it on.. I will try to turn the motor when I get home. I tried turning all the knobs to check to see that could be it. That didn't work. Funny thing is my son's truck did the same thing! Can turn the front wheels but no go. Mine ran for 10 minutes then stopped working. It was hot out, like 85° and humid.. Wonder if that and the Lipo did it in? Wonder if rebinding it would help? Thanks for the input! Let you know what I find!

i put a battery to the motor and tires turned.. so its the esc... thanks all for the help!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back