HELP!!!! My pinion gear keeps on falling off of the motor!

BriaN

I was using my ECX amp, perfectly fine for 30 minutes in my backyard, no issues... but the next day, I walked all the way to a school parking lot to use my amp, and the pinion gear completely fell off. I screwed the pinion back on, tightly, but the pinion kept on falling off as soon as I hit the throttle. Can someone please explain WHY? And HOW? I didn’t change anything in my gears, it just randomly fell off, even though I used it perfectly the day before!

Set screw not tight enough or stripped?? If its not stripped try adding some blue locktite to the set screw. Also on the shaft there is a flat spot make sure your tightening the setscrew to the flat spot and not on the round part of the shaft.

I watched a video on YouTube, and I had no idea about the flat part on the shaft, I’m ordering some $4 Loctite blue 242 - that Ryhmes. On amazon. Would that be good for the pinion? (I checked the screw, it’s not stripped)

Should be fine as long as it is blue loctite. Use it only on the setscrew though. Do not coat the shaft with it. Blue loctite will allow you to remove the set screw later if needed. Do not use red loctite. Red loctite is a lot stronger than blue and you may end up stripping the setscrew or any other screw you add it to.

Should be fine as long as it is blue loctite. Use it only on the setscrew though. Do not coat the shaft with it. Blue loctite will allow you to remove the set screw later if needed. Do not use red loctite. Red loctite is a lot stronger than blue and you may end up stripping the setscrew or any other screw you add it to.
Okay, thanks!

Also let the Loctite set for at least 24 hours before use.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back