Hi,i have a 10th scale KANYON and put an engine soundbox in it in slot 2 but i get interferance all the time from the steering servo,any ideas please

When you say slot 2, do you mean on the reciever? If so, plug it into the bind/battery port, if you have one. I never had a sound kit, but one of my cheapo servos won't work right when powered from the esc, so I had to use a separate bec to power just the servo. That might be an option for you to, get a hobbywing 3amp bec to power just the sound kit, or just the servo, so they have different power sources. I can provide instructions on how to do so if needed.

When you say slot 2, do you mean on the reciever? If so, plug it into the bind/battery port, if you have one. I never had a sound kit, but one of my cheapo servos won't work right when powered from the esc, so I had to use a separate bec to power just the servo. That might be an option for you to, get a hobbywing 3amp bec to power just the sound kit, or just the servo, so they have different power sources. I can provide instructions on how to do so if needed.
[/QUOTEot 3 on reciever but steering only,i have ordered a hobbywing 3amp bec,could you please supply details on how to fit it as i am new to rc hobby,many thanks again

Last edited:
I have tried slot 3 and 4 on the reciever,i do get get engine sound but it stays the same revs when i throttle up or down or reverse,engine tone doesn't change,slot four has a plug for the cars headlightsroof lights and tail lights,thanks very much anyway

It does go into slot 2 (CH2) (Y-connector) this is how it knows when to change the sounds during throttle movement. Try it without the servo plugged in it will probably work. If it does work without the servo plugged in then it is probably a esc BEC issue with the servo plugged in. Brushed escs usually do not have that strong of a BEC and can't handle more than running a stock servo and maybe a few LED's. A external BEC will help take the load off the escs internal BEC.

The power for the receiver and anything that is plugged into it comes from the escs internal BEC (not battery voltage). If anything getting power that's plugged into the receiver (all together) pulls more power than the internal BEC can handle things like glitches can happen.

There is another thing you can try which is a glitch buster.

Last edited:
WARNING: potentially boring post if you don’t like electronics;)

If the noise decreases from a glitchbuster but isn’t very satisfying try a bigger one. There’s a very long and boring explaination about how capacitors work but sometimes I’ve heard people call them filters, which in the case of electrical noise they are. It will be difficult to get rid of the noise completely. Correct me if I’m wrong I didn’t go to school for this but I’m sure using smaller capacitors will filter out higher frequency noises and larger ones will filter out lower ones with the high frequencies together. So basically if you were to put a really big capacitor on a radio speaker it would have more bass while putting a small one on it will have less bass.
IN THIS CASE you don’t have to worry about making your sound system sound any different, adding capacitors (to the receiver) won’t make the engine sounds any different.

WARNING: potentially boring post if you don’t like electronics;)

If the noise decreases from a glitchbuster but isn’t very satisfying try a bigger one. There’s a very long and boring explaination about how capacitors work but sometimes I’ve heard people call them filters, which in the case of electrical noise they are. It will be difficult to get rid of the noise completely. Correct me if I’m wrong I didn’t go to school for this but I’m sure using smaller capacitors will filter out higher frequency noises and larger ones will filter out lower ones with the high frequencies together. So basically if you were to put a really big capacitor on a radio speaker it would have more bass while putting a small one on it will have less bass.
IN THIS CASE you don’t have to worry about making your sound system sound any different, adding capacitors (to the receiver) won’t make the engine sounds any different.
Thank you,i had an idea about using something like this but wasnt sure exactly what to use,i had to order a glitchbuster from the states as they are far too expensive here in the uk,if it works i will let you know,thanks again,this forum is very helpful

It does go into slot 2 (CH2) (Y-connector) this is how it knows when to change the sounds during throttle movement. Try it without the servo plugged in it will probably work. If it does work without the servo plugged in then it is probably a esc BEC issue with the servo plugged in. Brushed escs usually do not have that strong of a BEC and can't handle more than running a stock servo and maybe a few LED's. A external BEC will help take the load off the escs internal BEC.

The power for the receiver and anything that is plugged into it comes from the escs internal BEC (not battery voltage). If anything getting power that's plugged into the receiver (all together) pulls more power than the internal BEC can handle things like glitches can happen.

There is another thing you can try which is a glitch buster.
I would like to thank you for your advice,you recommended a GLITCH BUSTER which i bought from the usa as they are much cheaper there,just plugged into slot four and tried it,wow,no more interference,item was about £7,thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Back