Hobby grade??

Crab

hey guys
What would be considered a awesome hobby grade road worthy vehicle? I'm looking at another one. Right now we have 3 ruckus 2 wheel drive. We play mainly on pavement. Love the looks. But would love something as fast. But maybe little tougher. We break all three daily. Usually not even from crashes. I'm getting quicker at repairs thou lol. I thought bout a driver but the pavement ain't always smooth. I've looked at a granite amd a rustler.
As far as the vehicles I have already I'm going to keep upgrading them. Sooner or later I have to get em better if keep upgrading. Any ideas and thought are appreciated.

By road worthy, are you wanting a car? Or something to bash on pavement? I'm guessing bash, looking at the other RCs you are considering. Have you looked at the HPI Savage XS? Save for some drivetrain upgrades if you consistently run 3s, you can bash the hell out of them. As a bonus, they are very fast....standing back flips. :D

Losi lst xxl2-e
E maxx
X maxx

There are lots of replacement parts to make the trucks tougher.

If you know what you are breaking you know what needs to be replaced.

The lst is on the top of my list of ones to get if my kids get more serious with this.

They usually break their doing donuts in pavement lol. Or sliding around. I only let them run NiHM batteries. But I run a 2s in mine. We love to slide. Jump curbs. Etc. all three are really fast. 1- 3000kv. 1-3300kv. And mine a 3800kv. Mines the fastest. But it's my fault that all of it breaks lol. Their are pretty much stock. We really love the truck line. Plus like a little clearance for small jumps. Usually a sidewalk ramp or bump. Pretty much all of our breakages have been sliding, or donuts. Haven't had a single break on jumps.
Out course mine breaks cause I still don't have enough torque took out yet. But I will

Aluminum hubs, aluminum hexes, better turnbuckles. That will keep your stuff together. I slide and do donuts with my 4wd. It was a nightmare keeping that thing together. Replaced the hubs and hexes and it stopped breaking. Make sure everything is tight before each run, crap will break if it isn't tight. Pay attention where things keep breaking loose and pay more attention to those areas.

If you want something that doesn't break, buy a Traxxas Slash. I've had a 4x4 Slash for a long time now, and it takes a lot to break it. I can't speak for the HPI trucks, as I've never owned an HPI. I had issues with my ECX Torment 4x4 too. The Slash is a better vehicle when it comes to durability.

I ended up getting a really good deal in a stampede vxl and some new lipos. We actually bashed it last night up until this morning lol. Finally broke one part. The right front caster, spindle holder. Hope that's what it's called. I wish it was little bigger. But thing is fun. It only broke when little lady wasn't paying attention and hit one of the ruckus while full speed. I don't think it would have broke if had a really bumper thou. Seriously considering selling a couple of the ruckus I have now.

Attachments

• IMG_5080.JPG
    IMG_5080.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back