Horizon discontinuing online sales of ECX

Tamyosho

Their website says in stores only and Amain has everything "discontinued".
What the hell?

I noticed this a few days ago myself. This is perfect as I just bought a few ECX’s and then my LHS went out of business. I won’t be driving 30 miles to the next closest shop, so Amazon and EBay it is. I tried to support my LHS but they really made it hard to do, guess that’s why they failed.

This is part of their new plan after buying Hobbico. There is no hobby store in my county and I can't drive for health reasons. I may have to switch t another brand, and not because I want to :(
Like it or not, online sales are the realty. This move just cuts out customers that don't have an lhs to go to.

I got it from a Horizon Rep that this move was a marketing strategy. Personally, I think it's a slap in the face to loyal ECX customers, especially those of us who live overseas. I am far from impressed at all, and after buying ECX Barrage and Amp kits, I have no plans to buy another ECX RC.

Unless Aarma brings back their 2wd mega line, Horizon won't have an entry level brand online to compete with Traxxas. I would guess they have something coming out soon.

If we all voice our displeasure with Horizon Hobby maybe they will rethink keeping the brand. If we do nothing, things will stay the same.

I don't think they are planning to drop ECX, just make it an in-store only brand. Hopefully some brick and mortar stores will make items available online in some way. Ebay may be the best source of parts if you don't have a local store.

If we all voice our displeasure with Horizon Hobby maybe they will rethink keeping the brand. If we do nothing, things will stay the same.
This is really the best and only option for us. Make our voices heard and bug the crap out of Horizon to offer ECX online and not just in hobby stores.

I don't think they are planning to drop ECX, just make it an in-store only brand. Hopefully some brick and mortar stores will make items available online in some way. EeBaymay be the best source of parts if you don't have a local store.
I have emailed Horizon & Amain asking that same question. Is the brand being discontinued? or only going to be sold in stores? I will follow up with several calls to other online companies like tower hobbies and local hobby stores. This will occupy maybe a few minutes a day for something my son, family, & I spend many hours weekly enjoying together.

I just got off the phone with Bill with product support at Horizon. He said they are not discontinuing the ECX brand. ECX is a very good seller for Horizon. He said they want to help local hobby shops to stay in business by having a brand that can't compete with online stores.

I then asked him what about the people that don't have an LHS near them. EBay or Amazon, but ECX is not going away at all.

Hobby Town has all ECX's on back order or discontinued

Word of mouth will help sales but how can I recommend a brand when all I see is back ordered, discontinued, or only available in stores (ok maybe if it was available at my local Walmart). If I was a Ebay and Amazon only shopper why not just buy a cheaper Chinese/Hong Kong brand then. You drive people away when they have less access to parts. In the US it's not that bad but I do feel for those outside the States.

I'm going to call my LHS today to find out what they have to say about ECX. If this guy Bill from Horizon is blowing smoke up my backside about ECX not going away, I'm going to be pissed!

As much as I love my ecx vehicles I'm debating on selling them now... my closest lhs is almost an hour away and doesn't carry the biggest stock of parts... and I'm not into the whole "wait 2 weeks for them to order it in" type of person, that's why I usually just shop online. BUT.. the thing is I always ordered online FROM my lhs as they have a website and usually their warehouse has most stock..

I geuss I'll just be scrounging on amazon/Ebay now... my poor 2 Amps

Pretty sure LHS will still be allowed to sell through their websites, and that this doesn't apply to Europe

Pretty sure LHS will still be allowed to sell through their websites, and that this doesn't apply to Europe
Wrong. My lhs sent out an email that as of July 1st, ECX products will no longer be available on their website. They dont even show the brand anymore. See for yourself.
www.greathobbies.com

Latest posts

Members online

Back