How many A-arms have you guys broke?

Machztechplus

I see people everywhere buying aluminum/metal A-arms and I dont really understand why... Ive only ever damaged a rear A-arm in 4 years of use... still usable... Do you guys break A-arms frequently?

The stock arms are pretty tough they just get sloppy after a while.

Last edited:
Buying aluminum A-Arms is a waste of money and just adding weight.

If you want to upgrade just switch to RPM arms and save a fortune.

Even on stock setup I never wrecked a arm.

Don’t get aluminum arms for bashing or just driving around. They will bend or break everything around them. They are only good for speed runs because they get rid of flex, but these trucks don’t handle good at high speed anyway. If you crash something will break.

Yep.

I have 2, the MT and the Buggy.

Currently both are topping out around the 35 mph range give or take.

Even with the massive amounts of upgrades I put in them, basically just the chassis and shock towers are stock at this point, as well as some steering linkage - they just aren't built well enough to go that fast.

Topped out in the 30-40 mph speed they are pretty much uncontrollable.

They're built for beginner bashers. Soft plastic, lots of slop and play. Designed to take a beating (which they do well) and keep going. Not for high speed ability.

At one point when I was just going for it, I had the buggy creeping up close to 50 mph. Fun, but i geared down dramatically as I knew what was coming if I crashed.

I got a ruckus to go 50mph on proline trenchers. 3s LiPo, 4000kv, that thing cooked but it was fast. The tires easily ballooned too +7inches. I still have those tires and haven’t blown one yet.

I guess I'm a crazy beast, I started breaking a arms the day I first got my torment. I tried rpm and rapidly did those in then boom racing now I use hot racing arms and the extra weight helps to keep the wheels down some. Aluminum parts look so cool though.

I added many aluminum parts to my 2wd torment, the extra weight helps with stability, I have run 4 cells with stock tires. I have blown many gears and gear boxes. You learn to drive better each time you crash.

I own 2 Amps, the Monster truck, and the Buggy. Have had them for 4 years.

I upgraded the MT's arms to RPM, and left the Buggys arms stock.

I have never broken an A arm on either vehicle. And both have good brushless motors and go around 35mph.

I've bashed em hard on all surfaces, raced them, and even taken them to a skate park and jumped them 20+ feet high.

Honestly if you're breaking Arms left and right I would have to say you are just a poor driver unfortunately.

Driving these trucks on the stock motors is pretty tame, and on a stock Dynamite brushed motor aside from very bad luck - you have nowhere near enough power or speed to break a Arm.

With that being said you either have the worst luck ever... or upgraded your truck to a motor you simply can't handle. Or - you can actually drive well.. and just don't care.

As for the aluminum Arms. Stay away. Especially if you're already breaking Arms constantly. They're expensive, and they will bend. Save the aluminum parts for wheel linkage, knuckles, hubs, etc... nothing big that will add weight or bend.

I've put an over geared 2400kv and mamma monster x controller in my torment and believe me it is crazy fast and powerful, I left nothing stock inside. The plastic parts couldn't handle the increasing fun I was having. My truck can clear a soccer field from post to post in about four seconds and accelerate alarmingly fast. I don't have accidents like I did when I first got the truck, I can actually wear out a couple sets of batteries now. I'm just waiting on some of those pro line tires so I can eliminate the pizza cutter effect and then I can try a 5cell pass to see how fast it'll go. I'm sure it peaks better that 60mph right now.

My son printed some aerodynamics for my torment to improve handling at speeds and such.

Pretty much the only things I didn't do to my torment is the chassis and the torment sticker on the bajr shell otherwise it's all modified from front to back up and down.

I have twenty vehicles and this one is my first and still my favorite.

Latest posts

Members online

Back