How to disassemble the shock absorbers?

massimo-roma

Hello to all,
I'm new to the RC world and so I apologize for the question that may seem trivial ...
I bought a Temper ECX 1/18 and would like to disassemble the shock absorbers to insert the oil and stiffen the springs but I can not figure out how to disassemble from the top plate.
For the part in besso remove the screws and unplug them but to extract them from the upper supports?
Thanks for the help you can give me
Massimo

They should just pull off the ball if I remember correctly. I don’t have stock shocks as they created to much torque twist.
But if u remember correctly they pop off the ball

Hello,
thanks for your answer!!!
So if I understand well, is it enough to pull the upper part of the shock outwards and pull away from the ball-shaped metal pin?
Let's say I could help myself by inserting a screwdriver behind and levering.
I did not do it because I was afraid I could break something ...

I just pry them off with an Allen wrench. Be careful not to scratch anything. Should pop right off.

Or a thin screwdriver like you said. Good thinking

Pop em back on with your thumb. I have the Barrage, so I think we might have the same shocks. On the Barrage shocks I replaced the oil with Losi 15 weight, and I actually want less stiff springs. Not sure if that would be a recipe for more tork twist on your Temper ?

Ok, I should have understood ...
anyway then I send a picture so I avoid breaking everything !!!
For the twist, from the few tests that I could do is not bad, but sometimes it seems that the shock is too soft and does not support well when the car is on the side (side steps). Up to now I have only reversed the position of the battery bringing it from the back to the front and the car climbs much better and it is less capped in the climbs.

Hello,
I am attaching a photo so you can see how I would like to work to remove the shock absorber...
Insert the screwdriver and I leverage...
Can I proceed this way or I did not understand anything ???
Hello and thanks
Massimo

20180622_080536_zpsypwvdo1h.jpg

Proceed Sir. Remember that you can replace everything, so even if you have a misfortune it’s ok. And for tuning your shocks, you could have fun and change the shock oil then drive it. See how it does, then if the results were poor or worse performance change to a different weight oil and repeat the test drive. It’s more fun, and you learn more if you just try some different setups in my opinion. Or you could ask a member who has already figured out what works best for them. I’d describe how you drive, and on what terrain you run your truck on the most. Don’t worry, after your done with this project I bet you just might want to start a new project and get your truck a friend. Or two, or three.... lol Have fun !

looks like that is just a ball stud that the shock is mounted to
you could always just grab with needle nose pliers and twist while pulling
should pop right off
screw driver might work better though, less chance of scratching anything

Latest posts

Members online

Back