I did a thing lol

pauls1816

(Full disclosure: this is going to be a long post)

After going to a rc meet up a week or two back that I brought my temper to I have had a lot to think about with this little guy. And after a few days of rolling it around in my head and waiting for payday I picked up and ordered some parts for him to put this rig to the point that I am 90%ish happy lol

I am still running a Teton motor but I guess I got it too hot or ran it too long and it burned up at the meet. I slapped another one in. I picked up a twin hammers roller at the meet as well and took the esc & rx that I had in the temper out to make it work and put the stock esc back in this little guy. When I get the funds the twin will be going brushless and the esc can go back in the temper lol. I saw a post in the barrage forum (or a youtube video I don't remember) where a guy used m3 motherboard standoffs to lengthen his links. I ordered a variety pack off amazon and started playing around. It didn't take long before I found that I wanted longer shocks. A vendor was out at the meet up and I found his card again and hit the place up to get these boom racing 90mm internal spring shocks. They are great and I am running them with the stiffest springs in the set. Lastly I have seen people with 4 links on here and thought id try my hand at it. I am grateful that the twin I picked up was originally a kit and had leftover rod ends. The result is this. The tires were given to me at the meet and are too small I feel. I get hung up on things I think I shouldn't.

The last things I feel I need to do is get steel driveshafts and cvd for the front end. The savox servo gives me a little bit too much throw and starts clicking when I turn at a certain point. Id turn my trim down but I like the turning circle now lol

Attachments

• 20180512_202052-1.jpg
    20180512_202052-1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180512_202105_HDR.jpg
    20180512_202105_HDR.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20180512_202113_HDR.jpg
    20180512_202113_HDR.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180512_202123_HDR.jpg
    20180512_202123_HDR.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 48
(Full disclosure: this is going to be a long post)

After going to a rc meet up a week or two back that I brought my temper to I have had a lot to think about with this little guy. And after a few days of rolling it around in my head and waiting for payday I picked up and ordered some parts for him to put this rig to the point that I am 90%ish happy lol

I am still running a Teton motor but I guess I got it too hot or ran it too long and it burned up at the meet. I slapped another one in. I picked up a twin hammers roller at the meet as well and took the esc & rx that I had in the temper out to make it work and put the stock esc back in this little guy. When I get the funds the twin will be going brushless and the esc can go back in the temper lol. I saw a post in the barrage forum (or a youtube video I don't remember) where a guy used m3 motherboard standoffs to lengthen his links. I ordered a variety pack off amazon and started playing around. It didn't take long before I found that I wanted longer shocks. A vendor was out at the meet up and I found his card again and hit the place up to get these boom racing 90mm internal spring shocks. They are great and I am running them with the stiffest springs in the set. Lastly I have seen people with 4 links on here and thought id try my hand at it. I am grateful that the twin I picked up was originally a kit and had leftover rod ends. The result is this. The tires were given to me at the meet and are too small I feel. I get hung up on things I think I shouldn't.

The last things I feel I need to do is get steel driveshafts and cvd for the front end. The savox servo gives me a little bit too much throw and starts clicking when I turn at a certain point. Id turn my trim down but I like the turning circle now lol
I've noticed the teton doesn't like lipo

DUDE! That thing is bad ass. Where did you get the cage? I do recommend that if your not doing the rear steering then you should put on lockers. Are the tires 1.9? I like the size of the barrage tire but not the tread so I think I'm looking for 1.9s with good rubber/tread.

FTX outback. Is the name of the truck that's identical to the barrage. = more available parts and cheaper I think

The cage and light bar are from a ecx roost. Yes I am looming into the rear lockout. The tires are for 1.9 but really small, I guess to give the mall crawler look lol. I actually solved my tire problem for now by using some bfg all terrains I found

There is little tabs that can be shaved off to allow a little more travel on the steering.
I found that on another post. Shaved them down and I got about another degree or two. I use the same servo and don’t have issues but I did burn t out cause I didn’t notice the bumper hanging up on the servo

Latest posts

Members online

Back