I picked up a used DB off of eBay

Rd7227

Hi everyone. So I picked up this used amp DB off of eBay with a bad ESC RX combo. I went ahead and purchased a brushed Dynamite ESC DNS2210 and the receiver needed that will bind with the stock radio. I also picked up a 12 arrma motor off of eBay. I installed the 12 turn motor using the stock pinion and charged up my nickel metal hydride battery to take a test run and things seemed great at first but after a couple of minutes the car started running at about 50% speed and then stopped altogether. I turned the car off and turned it back on and it would do the same thing. I thought maybe it was a weak battery so I went and grabbed my grandson's battery out of his empty and the same thing happened. So I went ahead and put back the old 20 turn motor back in the car and try it again with the same results. Now I am not sure if this is just a bum ESC if it is a battery issue or what have you. I have not tried going with a lipo 2s yet and we'll try that next but has anyone else run into this issue with the dynamite 60 amp brushed ESC? I tried searching the database but I think my questioning was too general to get a good answer

The fact that the car went half speed for a few seconds suggests that it was lipo cutoff. Does the ESC have that setting? If so, try turning it off and see what happens.

The fact that the car went half speed for a few seconds suggests that it was lipo cutoff. Does the ESC have that setting? If so, try turning it off and see what happens.
I will say that the dynamite 60amp ESC has a cutoff for nimh as well according to the manual. I am using the stock 1800mah batteries. I did notice that it would go into 50% mode after hitting the brakes and then going forward again.

Horizon is sending me a new ESC. We will see how it goes.

I've had issues like that with other cars. If I recall correctly, the crappy NiMH battery was the problem. Once I upgraded to lipo it was all good.

I purchased a 1/10 MT ruckus with the same esc in it i have gone through a 15 t motor and a 20t motor all due to user abuse. it was still fun though but as far as the esc i have only ran a 7.4v 2s on the esc and never had a problem with it the crappy thing about this esc is that you need a little plastic jumper to change the esc to nickel battery from the lipo. that being said the book states if i loose this jumper the esc will convert to manufacturer setup of lipo batt and FOR/REV

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back