I took my wheels off and now I have an extra part

heckofagator

hey gang, I took off the wheels, just to kinda get used to working on everything, and it appears that I have one left over shim - see first pic. Also attached are pics of everything wheel in this order - right rear, right front, left rear, left front. where does this go?

Attachments

• extrapart.jpg
    extrapart.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 11
  • rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 12
  • rf.jpg
    rf.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 11
  • lr.jpg
    lr.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 11
  • lf.jpg
    lf.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 11
That is to your rear wheel. It goes on the outside between the wheel lock nut and the wheel.

Is there supposed to be one on the other side, too? I just took off the right rear nut, put the plastic washer inz and that left only 1-2 threads for the nut. Not much at all. When tightened, the threaded bolt axel is nowhere near the outside of the nut.
Whereas I just looked on the left side and the threaded axel is sticking about .25" beyond the nut. I looks kinda funny.

The front tires, the end of the threaded axel is just about flush with the lock nut when it's all tightened.

Is there supposed to be one on the other side, too? I just took off the right rear nut, put the plastic washer inz and that left only 1-2 threads for the nut. Not much at all. When tightened, the threaded bolt axel is nowhere near the outside of the nut.
Whereas I just looked on the left side and the threaded axel is sticking about .25" beyond the nut. I looks kinda funny.

The front tires, the end of the threaded axel is just about flush with the lock nut when it's all tightened.
Check to make sure it is sitting right on the wheel hex.

Ok, whew, i think we're good. Thanks so much. If you look at the rr.jpg the extra washer was wedged in where the hex goes. So I removed that and the wheel went back on correctly. And then now since I had the extra plastic washer, that fixed the issue with the long axel on the left side.

I owe ya....

Latest posts

Members online

Back