I want to do a brushless conversion. Any advice?

wardaddy

I've had this 4x4 1/10 scale torment sitting in my room for the past 3 years because i burnt up its original motor. I started messing around with it the other day and decided that it might be fun to give it a good engine and gear ratio upgrade. As i was looking around online a started to realize how shitty and hard to work with brushed motors are. i would love to do conversion cause i got some extra money to play with, but i dont even know where to start. Any advice?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go for a Hobbywing 3660SL 4600kv motor and esc combo and i upgraded the spur gear from plastic to metal as well. I also got a couple of different pinion gears so i could adjust my gear ratio. This is the motor i used: https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...3660sl-motor-combo-4600kv-hwa38010202/p607218. Yeah, I know its a little bit of an overkill setup, but i figured it would be a fun time. I know i wont have as much torque as your suggestions, but i can always play around with pinion gear setups until i get the torque to speed ratio im looking for. Thank you for the advice.

And one more quick question to anyone who knows; How do i take the old esc out? I cant find any screws and i dont want to tear it out with brute force and risk damaging it.

And one more quick question to anyone who knows; How do i take the old esc out? I cant find any screws and i dont want to tear it out with brute force and risk damaging it.

It is likely held down with double-sided tape. Get something like a flat-head screwdriver underneath and carefully pry it up.

Thank you so much that helps alot. Just because im replacing it doesn't mean i want to completely damage. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back