Idler Gear Question

Jamesyyyy

I have a Torment, it has a 3400kv brushless motor and I had the ecx metal gears, and my idler gear stripped after about 12 runs, and I was wondering what the best replacement would be for that gear! Thanks!

I don't know why you of striped that out as I have the same truck with all steel differential a 4600K bruhless Castle motor and 7200mAh battery and the biggest tires you can put on before having to change axles and it been clocked at 70 plus. Did your truck come with that set-up or did you add it. I changed my out when I got the truck and put all metal gears in. You can find the metal differential set-up at Hot Racing/RC Planet. I suspect that something lossend up inside the housing. It hard to tell without looking at it. Some of those trucks came with pot-metal gears and they do strip out easily. I was able to by my metal differential set-up at my local hobby shop as long as they are an ECX dealer. Take it apart and send some pictures so we can all try and find the problem.

It has 28 teeth and the inner hole takes a 5x10x4 mm bearing on each side. From what I can tell on a mm ruler, the hole appears to be about 10.5 - 11 mm.

Even though the other two gears in the case appear to be flawless, would you think it will be wise just to change out the entire set to save on future headaches?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back