I'm bummed out (factory rim problems)

Tyork_tex

So I finally got around to spending a little money on the Temper. I bought a Venom 200mah 2s Lipo battery and a Venom Pr2 charger. While I was there I also picked up a set of Pro-Line Interco TSL 1.9 tires because the guy said they would fit the factory rims......... they don't.

Has anyone else used bigger tires with the factory rims? I get that the X.X number is the rim size but what about the outside diameter and width? These tires are SO much softer than the plastic feeling factory tires I was really looking forward to getting them on and getting some more capability out of this thing! BTW my nearest hobby shop is 45+ minutes away!

The factory rim size is actually 1.7. I have heard of some guys running 1.9 tires with some modification to the tires. I was about to go that route and hop for the best but the found rc4wd had boggers for the 1.7 and I have really been impressed with them. Alittle bigger than stock and alot softer. There are not too many options for the 1.7 but short of getting new rims it's either deal with the little options of 1.7 or try to make others work

IMG_20160322_174031923.jpg

image.jpeg
The factory rim size is actually 1.7. I have heard of some guys running 1.9 tires with some modification to the tires. I was about to go that route and hop for the best but the found rc4wd had boggers for the 1.7 and I have really been impressed with them. Alittle bigger than stock and alot softer. There are not too many options for the 1.7 but short of getting new rims it's either deal with the little options of 1.7 or try to make others work

View attachment 906
I'm running 1.9 on my temper the wheels have the right offset so I don't run widener's and I did not want to, you can find tires that are slightly bigger depending on make and so forth.

View attachment 907
I'm running 1.9 on my temper the wheels have the right offset so I don't run widener's and I did not want to, you can find tires that are slightly bigger depending on make and so forth.

But it also looks as though you are running 1.9 wheels as well. I was talking about trying put 1.9 tires on the stock temper wheels and believe that is what the op was getting at. I know 1 guy said he put some 1.9 tires on the stock rims but had to do some trimming to the tires. Any rim that uses the 12 mm hex on the spindle will work on these. I tried some 1.9 wheels and 2.2 wheels but with the tires I would want to run on them, they are too big for the temper and caused alittle of binding with the steering and drivetrain

Members online

Back