Im new to rc. any good and easy upgrades for amp mt

can you link some good upgrades that are easy to install?
WhiteOut0660, welcome. I'm assuming you have a stock Amp Mt. First let me tell you the Amp Mt. is a great truck to upgrade, reather you do it little by little or, all at once. Out of the 36 RC's I own, the Amp Mt. is one of my favorites. It's upgraded to the max and, some parts I've made myself in my shop.

So depending on what you're looking for, let's start with speed. Putting bigger tires on the rear will increase the speed of the truck by about 5 to 10 percent. It will also increase the trucks ability to do wheelies. That said, it will also produce more heat on the brushed motor, so you will want to keep taps on that.

If you opt out on the tires, a 2S LiPo 500 mAh battery is called for, you can also still use the bigger tires on rear if you wish. That will give you about 10 to 15 plus percent more speed. Both are inexpensive and easy to install. As mentioned by another user, steel differential gears would be your next upgrade, a little more work to install. Requires you to disassemble the rear of the truck.

I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but with the right tools, installing the the steel differential gears is relatively easy. I would recommend also, changing out the 3M Phillip head screws to 3M button head hex machine screws as you go along. Monster Bolts is a good place to order your Button Head M3 machine screws. Check them out online, monsterbolts.com

Attachments

• 20210205_181857.jpg
    20210205_181857.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210205_181746.jpg
    20210205_181746.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210205_181713.jpg
    20210205_181713.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210205_181728.jpg
    20210205_181728.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 6
WhiteOut0660, welcome. I'm assuming you have a stock Amp Mt. First let me tell you the Amp Mt. is a great truck to upgrade, reather you do it little by little or, all at once. Out of the 36 RC's I own, the Amp Mt. is one of my favorites. It's upgraded to the max and, some parts I've made myself in my shop.

So depending on what you're looking for, let's start with speed. Putting bigger tires on the rear will increase the speed of the truck by about 5 to 10 percent. It will also increase the trucks ability to do wheelies. That said, it will also produce more heat on the brushed motor, so you will want to keep taps on that.

If you opt out on the tires, a 2S LiPo 500 mAh battery is called for, you can also still use the bigger tires on rear if you wish. That will give you about 10 to 15 plus percent more speed. Both are inexpensive and easy to install. As mentioned by another user, steel differential gears would be your next upgrade, a little more work to install. Requires you to disassemble the rear of the truck.

I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but with the right tools, installing the the steel differential gears is relatively easy. I would recommend also, changing out the 3M Phillip head screws to 3M button head hex machine screws as you go along. Monster Bolts is a good place to order your Button Head M3 machine screws. Check them out online, monsterbolts.com
Thanks very much!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back