Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Tamyosho

So to overcome a shortage of parts, I had to improvise and make do with what was lying around. This is how you adapt servo parts to make ECX steering great again using any screw and not only these GGDF*$dg$D*RE*E*gggfdgdf***fdgfdg******* that always unscrew themselves and get lost.

I'll report on durability but I hope the metal against metal causes less issues than the stock plastic metal contact when it comes to the damn thing unscrewing itself.

There are other RCs that use steering bushings which is what you are essentially doing right now. I used some from my Redcat Volcano trimmed them to fit as flush as I can and used some 3mm screws I had laying around. A drop of glue on the threads and they don't come out like the short threaded stock shoulder screws.

This also allows the use of the stock (plastic) steering knuckles without having to go to aluminum because of the short threaded shoulder screws working lose and stripping the threads in the knuckles. Do it as preventative though and not wait until the stock knuckles get stripped.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back