interchange question.

Georgia Bob

Can anyone tell me what other ECX models share parts with the AMP MT? I am mainly interested in chassis and suspension upgrades. Looking for better shocks. Thanks in advance.

Bob

The AMP MT and DB chassis are identical save for the tires, bodies, and rear wing.

As for better shocks-- The ECX aluminum-bodied shocks are quite good. (ECX1095 front, ECX1096 rear). I tried the Traxxas "big bore" aluminum shocks on my AMP and Boost buggy and was ultimately unhappy with their performance. I went back to the the ECX shocks. They're easier to service, too. For even better performance, I replaced the stock o-rings with grooved o-rings or "x-rings." In particular I use Kyosho's P3 "Grooved O-rings" (Part # ORG03XR)

Thanks for the reply. I will have to try the ECX shocks. I was hoping that the traxxas or other brands would fit, as there are a lot of options, and the price varies quite a bit. The traxxas big bore shocks are a bolt on? Would shocks that fit the Ruckus or boost also fit the DB/MT?

Bob

Sorry for my delayed response-- yes the Traxxas shocks were more or less "bolt-on." If I recall correctly I had to flip the supplied top eylet bushing around from the Traxxas directions to mount on the rear shock tower. It was easy to figure out once you start doing the work.

Latest posts

Members online

Back