Introducing my Circuits

VonDave

Heya!

Since I'm here, I might as well post my ECX machines, right?
To be honest, the two Circuits you see in this topic are still ElectrixRC cars.
I do have an ECX Circuit, but I've converted it to an AMP MT. That will get it's own topic, because it';s all about my personal favorite rc car...
When I bought my first ECX rc cars, the Circuit was a bit worse for wear. You could say it was bruised, battered and scarred, but hard....
The thing just hit ALL the right spots; the looks, the stance, breaking me free from on-road activities, but still being able to kick major ass on asphalt too!
My first Circuit had a worn 20T brushed motor, and an original esc as well as the 27mhz receiver/ transmitter.
I have upgraded it to a Surpass 3650 3500kv motor and 60 amp esc with Flysky receiver.
The standard shocks have 55W oil and I have swapped the completely worn tires for HPi ones. I cannot use the old wheels anymore, because I've installed steel driveshafts with steel hex nuts, which I need to trim off to make the old wheels fit again, because the wheel hexes are way to wide. So this seemed like a reasonable swap to keep with the original theme of the car.
Because my son (almost 7 years old) has had a few mishaps with his Boost and trees (2 sets of front arms...), I decided to swap the standard front bumpers with the ones from the AMP. For the Boost it's ok, but for the Circuit not so much, because the bumpers is a bit on the wide side for the body. Nevertheless, it's only a minor issue, and it had already proven it's use to me so the AMP bumper will remain.
The body is in a terrible shape! When I bought it, it had a non original wing. I didn't know how the thing was supposed to look at first, but after seeing Ultimate RC's review of the Circuit, the search for a new body started ;)
Well, it took a loooooooong while, but all of the sudden when I was searching on aliexpress with the term "ElectrixRC" I saw a seller who sold the actual old body!!!!!!! Pricey? Meh... The cool part of all this is, that you actually buy TWO bodies! One blue/ silver and one red/ black!
Since that was when I found another Circuit chassis, I never thought twice and just committed to buy the bodies.
I fixed up the newly bought old chassis, upgraded it with the steel driveshafts, renewed the shock oil, ordered new bodyposts and bumpers (which still have not arrived) and fitted my old 6.5T brushless motor/ esc combo. The standard Spectrum receiver and transmitter that I had from my Torment went in, as well as the old wheels from my GPToys S9115. The wheels are temporary until I get the new wheels and tires.
As you can see from the pictures, they look awesome!
Still bummed out about the wheels though...
To me, a standard Circuit looks the best!!! But that's just me.
I have asked the Spectrum and Amain hobby customer service if the ECX1014 (wheelie bar set) is still available, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.
As you can see from the pictures, the constant wheelie-ing on 3s really wrecks the back end of the car! I know about the Traxxas item, but I really don't wanna downgrade the Circuit with Traxxas parts... Stupid, I know, but I simply cannot be arsed with a non original wheelie bar...
As soon as I get to reshaping the wheel hexes, I intend to put the original wheels with new tires on, because to me it feels that there's something missing...
Mind you, two days ago, the original servo finally died on me! How old is that thing? Ten, eleven years old maybe??? I have MG servos laying about, so both our Circuits get some driving around this Easter.

Sorry for the looooong text, but that's how I roll ;)
Any questions/ suggestions/ remarks, please let me know!!!

-Dave

Attachments

• 20210401_203127.jpg
    20210401_203127.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203149.jpg
    20210401_203149.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203200.jpg
    20210401_203200.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203452.jpg
    20210401_203452.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203540.jpg
    20210401_203540.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203711.jpg
    20210401_203711.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203717.jpg
    20210401_203717.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203753.jpg
    20210401_203753.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203845.jpg
    20210401_203845.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210401_203925.jpg
    20210401_203925.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 10
A small update:
I decided to place the gearbox of my Circuit into my son's Circuit, so he could finally try it out.
The wheels are ebay MT specials, so to speak.
They perform really well on the Circuit, better than I expected.
Some pics:

20210411_115709.jpg20210411_115712.jpg20210411_115717.jpg

Heya!

Since I'm here, I might as well post my ECX machines, right?
To be honest, the two Circuits you see in this topic are still ElectrixRC cars.
I do have an ECX Circuit, but I've converted it to an AMP MT. That will get it's own topic, because it';s all about my personal favorite rc car...
When I bought my first ECX rc cars, the Circuit was a bit worse for wear. You could say it was bruised, battered and scarred, but hard....
The thing just hit ALL the right spots; the looks, the stance, breaking me free from on-road activities, but still being able to kick major ass on asphalt too!
My first Circuit had a worn 20T brushed motor, and an original esc as well as the 27mhz receiver/ transmitter.
I have upgraded it to a Surpass 3650 3500kv motor and 60 amp esc with Flysky receiver.
The standard shocks have 55W oil and I have swapped the completely worn tires for HPi ones. I cannot use the old wheels anymore, because I've installed steel driveshafts with steel hex nuts, which I need to trim off to make the old wheels fit again, because the wheel hexes are way to wide. So this seemed like a reasonable swap to keep with the original theme of the car.
Because my son (almost 7 years old) has had a few mishaps with his Boost and trees (2 sets of front arms...), I decided to swap the standard front bumpers with the ones from the AMP. For the Boost it's ok, but for the Circuit not so much, because the bumpers is a bit on the wide side for the body. Nevertheless, it's only a minor issue, and it had already proven it's use to me so the AMP bumper will remain.
The body is in a terrible shape! When I bought it, it had a non original wing. I didn't know how the thing was supposed to look at first, but after seeing Ultimate RC's review of the Circuit, the search for a new body started ;)
Well, it took a loooooooong while, but all of the sudden when I was searching on aliexpress with the term "ElectrixRC" I saw a seller who sold the actual old body!!!!!!! Pricey? Meh... The cool part of all this is, that you actually buy TWO bodies! One blue/ silver and one red/ black!
Since that was when I found another Circuit chassis, I never thought twice and just committed to buy the bodies.
I fixed up the newly bought old chassis, upgraded it with the steel driveshafts, renewed the shock oil, ordered new bodyposts and bumpers (which still have not arrived) and fitted my old 6.5T brushless motor/ esc combo. The standard Spectrum receiver and transmitter that I had from my Torment went in, as well as the old wheels from my GPToys S9115. The wheels are temporary until I get the new wheels and tires.
As you can see from the pictures, they look awesome!
Still bummed out about the wheels though...
To me, a standard Circuit looks the best!!! But that's just me.
I have asked the Spectrum and Amain hobby customer service if the ECX1014 (wheelie bar set) is still available, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.
As you can see from the pictures, the constant wheelie-ing on 3s really wrecks the back end of the car! I know about the Traxxas item, but I really don't wanna downgrade the Circuit with Traxxas parts... Stupid, I know, but I simply cannot be arsed with a non original wheelie bar...
As soon as I get to reshaping the wheel hexes, I intend to put the original wheels with new tires on, because to me it feels that there's something missing...
Mind you, two days ago, the original servo finally died on me! How old is that thing? Ten, eleven years old maybe??? I have MG servos laying about, so both our Circuits get some driving around this Easter.

Sorry for the looooong text, but that's how I roll ;)
Any questions/ suggestions/ remarks, please let me know!!!

-Dave
Very nice

Latest posts

Members online

Back