Lipo receiver voltage help

Machztechplus

If a receiver has a 9.6v limit, is it okay to run a 11.1v lipo? Does the limit of the receiver volts dictate the voltage of battery I can have? Or is the voltage reduced before its sent to the receiver?

Thanks

normaly the power being sent to the receiver is coming from either a receiver pack or from the battery that powers the electric motor. most receivers can run 4.8 to 6 volts directally, but i'm not totally sure on some of the newer set ups

I did some looking 3.5 to 9.6 is the requirment to run everything so as long as your speed control and motor can handle 3s lipo your fine

I am running spektrum dsmr 2 with a sr215 receiver rated for max 9.6v... worried about the 11.1v lipo tho.... the motor and esc can handle it

the 9.6 limit is direct voltage to the receiver, say if you were running a nitro car or plane all that voltage would go to the servos through the receiver, were as the electric speed control is getting the voltage first then it sends it through the receiver

the 9.6 limit is direct voltage to the receiver, say if you were running a nitro car or plane all that voltage would go to the servos through the receiver, were as the electric speed control is getting the voltage first then it sends it through the receiver
Specificall, ESCs have a built in battery eliminator circuit or BEC. Regardless of the voltage you run to the ESC, it will provide the same BEC circuit voltage to run the receiver and servo. Normally it’s 6v but some ESCs have the option to run 7.4v for faster/stronger servo performanc.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back