Look what I found for cheap

Lephturn

I was at my local hobby shop picking up electric contact cleaner and one of the guys working there had a brand new dynamite 15 turn from a boat kit he got and has a brushless he is putting in. So $20 and I’ve got a 550 15 turn to put in it. I’m going to do a water break in and then put it in. I like that the sleeve with the sticker on it slides off. Better cooling. I had to peel the sticker off of the motor in my Redcat and put the heat sink back on with thermal paste so I didn’t cook it. I’ll look at modifying one of those heat sinks to fit on the Amp MT with this 550 in it. I’ll have to see if I can cut it to fit and still leave the internal fan hole open. It might just work.

Attachments

• B085AAE4-B968-4151-B1BD-8B859BDA646D.jpeg
    B085AAE4-B968-4151-B1BD-8B859BDA646D.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 16
That metal sleeve is a flux ring, which basically helps increase the outer magents, and by removing it you will get slightly more rpm, with slightly less torque. I had one in a crawler, and couldn't tell the difference with it on or off. Maybe in a faster lighter car it can be noticeable, not sure. Maybe run it with it on and off if you can, and see if you can tell the difference.

That metal sleeve is a flux ring, which basically helps increase the outer magents, and by removing it you will get slightly more rpm, with slightly less torque. I had one in a crawler, and couldn't tell the difference with it on or off. Maybe in a faster lighter car it can be noticeable, not sure. Maybe run it with it on and off if you can, and see if you can tell the difference.

Hmm interesting, thank you for that - I’ll do some research and some testing. The Amp is pretty light so not sure how much of a difference it could make.

I was at my local hobby shop picking up electric contact cleaner and one of the guys working there had a brand new dynamite 15 turn from a boat kit he got and has a brushless he is putting in. So $20 and I’ve got a 550 15 turn to put in it. I’m going to do a water break in and then put it in. I like that the sleeve with the sticker on it slides off. Better cooling. I had to peel the sticker off of the motor in my Redcat and put the heat sink back on with thermal paste so I didn’t cook it. I’ll look at modifying one of those heat sinks to fit on the Amp MT with this 550 in it. I’ll have to see if I can cut it to fit and still leave the internal fan hole open. It might just work.
I'm running a Holmes Hobby 550 12t Trailmaster Sport.

Attachments

• 20200622_194629.jpg
    20200622_194629.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Members online

Back