Loose Wheels?

Does anyone have any idea why my wheels keep coming loose. I have a totally stock 4x4 Ruckus and I have to tighten my lock nuts after every use (1 battery), because the nut comes loose and the wheel starts to flop around.

Had the same issue with my Wraith. It got so bad that I was having to tighten the nut several times during a run. New lock nuts solved the issue.

isn't green loctite supposed to be permanent? I'd stick with the blue. For wheel nuts at least. For huffing green may be better, I don't know lol

isn't green loctite supposed to be permanent? I'd stick with the blue. For wheel nuts at least. For huffing green may be better, I don't know lol

Green is low viscosity so it wicks into the gap for applying after fasteners are connected. Red is permanent.

Ohh I see, I got those confused. I never find loctite threadlocker here in Belgium, I always have to make do with another brand.

The linked one above is actually permatex brand. Everyone here calls every thread locker loctite for some reason.

The ca glue I use for tires is loctite brand. o_O

I had the same problem, so I bought a whole bunch of M4 stainless steel locknuts from my local hardware store. They are not flanged, so I also got a whole bunch of washers to go with. It probably cost about $2 for 25 nuts and washers. Now when I fasten a nut and it doesn't feel like its going on tight enough, I throw it away and use a new one.

And thanks to DrDre I'm not stripping wheel hexes anymore. I'm also using the loose locknuts and washers now. Aluminium wheel nuts seem to back off easier than steel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back