low voltage alarm??

samiugj

Hey guys!!

I have some questions. I bought a Lipo battery and i know that i need to buy a low voltage alarm since the original ESC doesn´t have any.

Can you guys tell me which one sohuld i buy? Please.

Btw im new in the RC world xD.

I have a couple of these, from hobbyking:
22749.jpg

These are like $2 each. You plug the balance lead into them, and it's loud so you won't miss it. This one takes 2s and 3s (it will detect how many cells are on it).

awesome guys!! Thank you!!! :D i´ve been having some issues finding a decent advice now i had a decent one.
Im planning on buying a 1/8th scale by the end of summer so i guess im going on the second choice :).

Looks like hobbyking also sells a knock-off or at least unbranded version of that one (here, though UK warehouse only). I'd get whatever ships quickly and cheaply. Wouldn't be surprised if the two units were identical, save for color of the cover and the stickers.

18588_1__4.jpg

I also wouldn't be surprised if this one is the same again, but without cover at all...

74024.jpg

At the price of these things, I suppose shipping will be the defining factor :) sometimes I just grab them off ebay to get them here quicker. I'm all for supporting my local hobby shop, but their prices on these little things are often ridiculously inflated. $3 parts must be pure loss for them.

When it comes to RC electronics, you can safely assume that if it looks the same....it likely is. haha

I've just had great luck with Venom as a whole, warranty and quality. So I like to support when I can.

+1 for the Venom LVM. I have one too and really like it. Nice large display with a configurable threshold for the LV alarm to trigger. And the alarm is LOUD! Can't miss it. Support your local hobby shop (if you have one) and see if they have one in stock. If you buy from HobbyKing's international warehouse (and you are in the US) you can expect a wait of about two weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back