Melted motor whoops.

Castle products are highly rated. I've never used them but they are usually billed as the "fancy" option for upgrading.

You can get brushless sets for 1/3 the price, but it may be junk or it may not... lol. This motor and ESC you linked are going to be WAY faster than the stock one, mind you.

That is not an easy question to answer. Generally when people upgrade to brushless they go for big speed. I reckon something around 2500KV is going to be close on the same gearing. If you gear up the 2500KV motor to make use of its higher torque, it will still be faster.

I've been trying to get this question answered for myself for a while. From what I see, anything starting from 3000KV is definitely faster than the dynamite 20T, even the 380-motor-in-a-540-can leopard systems.

I will be buying this thing in three weeks: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/3650-31...904091?hash=item33a49a3e9b:g:UfIAAOSw9N1Vg9nM but I doubt you will wait that long to see if it's any good, lol.
Theses are the combos that I use in all of my RC'S I haven't had any problems with them, I run a 4800kv in my temper, a 5300kv in my redcat and a 7200kv in my associated mini apex, all running stock gears. Imo castle is over rated and over priced my first BL was a castle 5300kv with sidewinder3 with not even 5 runs the rotor shaft broke costing me extra $$$$ to repair my rc I emailed castle they wanted to charge me $60 for a new motor heck I bought the whole setup for $110, with these motors you can buy the rotors for them try it I believe you'll like it post what you think after you try one. Oh the other problem with castle they seem to have an excuse for everything and there all made in China with that said the decision is yours.

Last edited:
That's good info. For the moment while I decide what to buy an Orion 15t which is rebuildable.

So keep all the info coming, I've also bought a pinion set.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back