Mental Ruckus

nwmlarge

I think my Ruckus is a bit mental.

IS this normal ? :

It has a 4300KV motor running off a MAx10 SCT ESC with a 2s Lipo 8000mah.

Quite damp out, 20kg servo on the steering duties.

Even feeding the throttle in gently results in it spinning out as it gets on to WOT.

The truck will definitely act different depending on ground ( dirt,pavement,dry,wet,etc.) But also tread patterns softness of tires. I believe you are experiencing the problem of weight dist. and wet pavement with wrong tires and too much power. right too much power ha. I think if you went on dry with street tread and redistribute the weight of motor. you might be better off as for current setup. run it in dirt and see if its still spinning try a different tire on dirt as well if you can and then go from there. hope you the best of luck in correcting it.

I think you are right about various things.
too much power due to the 8000mah 100c battery. I dropped that to a 3400mah 20c and it is much easier to control, well on grass anyway.
in have since serviced the shocks which helped with the handling. It is well prone to rolling due to traction on the corners though. I have some Badlands MX pre mounted on their way to me. That should help with traction off the line.
very fun truck in a big field.

That's really good to hear that you have got some of it under control. I am switching my speed treads that come on the ruckus for a set of REDCAT tires that not only look cooler but also open up the tread pattern i plan on running mostly hard to soft dirt with rock only pavement driving i do is in the alley behind the house for test hits. I am curious though i am replacing all my bearings they are currently rubber sealed I am going to switch to a metal shield bearing to try out in the dirt

Sounds like a good combo. Ive got to replace my bearings all round as they are destroyed. One has come apart completely balls everywhere lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back