My Amp DB kit finished!

bisbell

It's finally finished! I bought a Amp MT kit some time ago and rediscovered it recently...so I guess it was kinda like getting it for free haha! Since this was my first kit I wanted to upgrade and make it my own. I probably spent more money than I should, but who cares?!? It's my hobby!! First thing I did was convert it to a desert buggy, by purchasing the fin, body, front tires and mounting hardware. Next I decided I wanted to upgrade it using as many Horizon Hobby and ECX parts when applicable. Upgraded parts include: Tazer v2 6-Pole motor/ESC combo 4000kv brushless, Spektrum DX2E radio system, ECX metal gears, ECX Aluminum shocks, and Kinexsis 2S Lipo. I also added traxxas turnbuckles for camber adjustment and Team Losi steering arms. I do have a RPM servo saver eliminator kit that I have yet to install. I haven't done any extensive driving of the buggy yet so I'm not sure what tweaks I might have to make. Being that this is my first kit build I am super pleased that I tried it and just wanted to share!!

IMG_4194.JPG

Nice! Can you share the par numbers for the Traxxas and TLR links?

Sure!! Traxxas parts: #5539 and #3364. Can't remember which one is for the front and which is for the back, but they are different sizes. TLR6065 for the steering rods, however I think they are a touch too long so I would go the next size down.

Woah--That Amp looks so cool/tough with the metal turnbuckles and shocks--should handle better too! You'll need better handling with that 4000KV! When's the rain gonna stop?!?

Took it out tonight...way more power than I was expecting! Gotta tweak the suspension...likes to bottom out at weird times, but other than that runs really good!

bisbell " Gotta tweak the suspension...likes to bottom out at weird times"

It seems that the shock preload is very light = screw down the spring collar as they are threaded shocks--experiment with how much and usually keep front & rear equal unless you see a need to do one more than the other. AND the springs look to be light weight also = if the fore mentioned shock collar adjustment doesn't do it a stiffer spring may be next--but I'd think ECX/Horizon could get the spring correct!?! You can also put in thicker oil--did they come filled? Did they say what weight was in them? Fun stuff to tune your suspension!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back