My steering on my ecx amp mt isnt working

RandomnessX3

The servo functions and can fully deflect but the wheels do not move i followed the instructions everything else works fine except for the steering

Something is likely wrong with the servo saver. If you take that out and get pictures/ video of it, we may be able to help you better.

The servo saver is the spring loaded steering setup that the servo arm is attached to.

The reason I figure the issue must be there is because one of your videos shows the front wheels turning while off the ground.

Oh right i was turning the wheels with my hand in that video even off ground it didn't turn

Did it feel like alot of effort necessary to turn the wheels? Perhaps there is binding somewhere and because of the servo saver it makes it so the servo action does not get to the wheels. I recall it being pretty easy to over tighten the screws that hold the servo saver.

Bro, you gotta take it apart. Take off the top plate and it should be obvious what is not working.

I did i know absolutly nothing about rc cars so i had no clue what i was looking at

No better time than now to start learning! Take that top plate off by removing the screws and popping off the steering links and servo arm link. Then the assembly should come out and you can look at the servo saver setup. Post pictures of it when you do.

Here is my stab at it.
Here a couple screen grabs from your video.
It clearly shows there is an issue with the servo saver? Or some of the linkage.
If you look at the bottom two arrows the steering bell crank has moved side to side quite a bit, where as the upper (upper arrow) bell crank has not moved much at all. I would suspect a rock got stuck in there, the servo saver is just worn out, which is common, or a screw got tightened too much and is pinching the servo saver.

Like the others have said, take that top plate off and look, post another video, one closer to the steering bell cranks.
No time like the present to learn, best way to learn is to take it apart, here's a tip, be organized, know which screw goes where, label them if you have too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back