My Temper is finally ready for the summer

bitbitbit

Changed a bunch of stuff over the winter/spring. I think I am finally happy with where things are now, at least until I have more spare cash for other mods.

Changes so far:
IMG_20180428_171045.jpg
- Metal bumper/skid plate
- Generic metal geared servo that seems to work pretty well

IMG_20180428_171632.jpg
- Axial bead locks
- RC4WD mud slinger
- 15mm hub extender

IMG_20180428_171609.jpg
- Hobbywing 1080 ESC
- Traxxas rx box

IMG_20180428_171617.jpg
- rear 4 link

IMG_20180428_171714.jpg
- steel CV center drive shaft. Unfortunately the shafts only fit on one side of the transmission so I have it at the front only.

Changed a bunch of stuff over the winter/spring. I think I am finally happy with where things are now, at least until I have more spare cash for other mods.

Changes so far:
View attachment 3421
- Metal bumper/skid plate
- Generic metal geared servo that seems to work pretty well

View attachment 3422
- Axial bead locks
- RC4WD mud slinger
- 15mm hub extender

View attachment 3423
- Hobbywing 1080 ESC
- Traxxas rx box

View attachment 3424
- rear 4 link

View attachment 3425
- steel CV center drive shaft. Unfortunately the shafts only fit on one side of the transmission so I have it at the front only.

How is that center drive shaft working? Have you crawled yet? Why didn’t the second work? Did it not fit? Two long? You could cut it to make it fit. I did this on another car before if it’s too long.
Also please post the link to the drive shaft you bought.
Also can you share the link to the bumper plate?
My bumper got snagged in my Servo and burnt my Servo out
Please share links and info on the bumper and drive shafts
Nice work!!!

I haven't had time to take it outside yet but I don't think it will make a huge difference in performance. What it will do though is make the car run smoother. The stock ones with universal joints don't turn very smoothly and the car gets very jerky when moving at higher speed. Replacing the shaft fixed that.

It doesn't fit on the other end because it's too thick, not because it's too long. It rubs the spur gear cover. And even if I remove the cover, part of the transmission still gets in the way. I can grind it down and it can probably fit but I don't want to run without the gear cover. I placed the shaft at the front because I want to maintain the neutral caster angle. On the back, since I don't have to worry about steering, I tilted the axle way up. That way the joints are pretty much straight and turns better. I will dig up the link to the shafts but it's also in that thread about drive shaft.

The bumper is home made from an old steel bookend. I can give you the template in PDF if that's helpful. The holes are in perfect location if you print it to the right scale.

I haven't had time to take it outside yet but I don't think it will make a huge difference in performance. What it will do though is make the car run smoother. The stock ones with universal joints don't turn very smoothly and the car gets very jerky when moving at higher speed. Replacing the shaft fixed that.

It doesn't fit on the other end because it's too thick, not because it's too long. It rubs the spur gear cover. And even if I remove the cover, part of the transmission still gets in the way. I can grind it down and it can probably fit but I don't want to run without the gear cover. I placed the shaft at the front because I want to maintain the neutral caster angle. On the back, since I don't have to worry about steering, I tilted the axle way up. That way the joints are pretty much straight and turns better. I will dig up the link to the shafts but it's also in that thread about drive shaft.

The bumper is home made from an old steel bookend. I can give you the template in PDF if that's helpful. The holes are in perfect location if you print it to the right scale.
Thanks man
I run mine without the with no gear cover so maybe it will work with some filing.
I like the steel drive shaft for longevity
Thanks again

Hey just wondering what you used or where did you get those 2 rear links to make it a 4 link ? And did it get rid of the torque twist. I got a few mods on mine to including a 370 motor so no the torque twist is out of control lol

Hey just wondering what you used or where did you get those 2 rear links to make it a 4 link ? And did it get rid of the torque twist. I got a few mods on mine to including a 370 motor so no the torque twist is out of control lol
Those links are just turn buckles from another car. I got them from AsiaTees. I ordered them before I did my research. I think you are better off ordering the pipe rod (also from AsiaTees). Those pipe rods looks almost identical to the stock links.

I used to mount the upper links where the stock upper 3 links were mounted (when the links were made from threaded rods). I wanted to make the upper links longer and I was too lazy to cut another rod so that's why I went with the current set up. I think when the upper links were mounted lower, there was almost no torque twist. But at the same time the rear was very stiff.

Have you flipped your motor direction? I think that's a better fix than doing the 4 links. You will still get tt but only if you are going backwards and when you are going backwards, you don't normally drive that fast so practically you won't notice any tt.

Those links are just turn buckles from another car. I got them from AsiaTees. I ordered them before I did my research. I think you are better off ordering the pipe rod (also from AsiaTees). Those pipe rods looks almost identical to the stock links.

I used to mount the upper links where the stock upper 3 links were mounted (when the links were made from threaded rods). I wanted to make the upper links longer and I was too lazy to cut another rod so that's why I went with the current set up. I think when the upper links were mounted lower, there was almost no torque twist. But at the same time the rear was very stiff.

Have you flipped your motor direction? I think that's a better fix than doing the 4 links. You will still get tt but only if you are going backwards and when you are going backwards, you don't normally drive that fast so practically you won't notice any tt.

I have not changed motor direction yet . how would I do that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got I just flipped the entire thing around and reversed my controller

I ment to to add in there twice now lol with the zip tie on the Shocks and the motor turned around it completly got rid of the twist while moving forward . reverse tho still has it but it's not really a big deal. Going forward is what is most important thanks for the advice..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back