My Torment is brushless!

Biz73

I had planned to buy a cheap GoolRC system, but I found the for sale section of a racing forum, and have found some great deals on higher end used electronics. I ended up getting a Speed Passion Reventon pro 1.1 esc & program card, which will do more than I will ever need, so I can upgrade to a faster motor in the future if I want to. I found a Speed Passion 3600kv/11.5T sensored motor on ebay for under $25 shipped. Had to solder on some banana plugs and a deans connector, and picked up a sensor wire and 21-23t pinion gears. I got it all setup and put the 21t pinion on it today, then took it to a parking lot across the street. Sooo much faster than the brushed motor. I just ran it a bit to see what it was going to do, but I have plenty of settings and a couple more teeth of pinion to try out. Temps stayed cool, but that was without any grass running so I'll see how that goes. I'm going to have some fun with this thing for sure.

Make sure it’s water proof if you play in the water!

Sounds like a tank! Keep us updated it sounds cool.

It's not waterproof, but I don't run in water. I had thought of this, then realized that none of my Tamiya esc's and Futaba servo's are waterproof, and I haven't had any issues in 4 years. I don't like cleaning mud, so maybe that's why ;)

I ordered an Associated spur gear and slipper pads to convert to 32p gears like the rest of my cars. I e-mailed Associated to make sure I got the right pads for the spur. They told me they were the correct ones, so I ordered them. As you can see in the pic, they are NOT the right ones. I don't think they are even for a 1/10th sized car.20180603_150700.jpeg Anybody know what slipper pads fit the #91096 spur gear? Getting incorrect info from a company about their own products is very annoying!:mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back