Need help with my amp

Los

Yo so ive been playing with my amp upgrading to brushless and just put in metal gears since my plastic ones stripped. But anyways when i put new tires on it, it was awesome until I stripped the plastic gears. i put in the New metal gears but it lags.. at first it would make my spur get stripped so I messed with the gear mesh then it got to a point my esc caught fire . After a few tweeks now it just makes my spur gear really hot . (BTW the new gears when I put the cover on with bolts it forces itself a bit . Or if i put them on i have to really loosen the spur to have it move on the ground but then it stripped. It was running fine a couple of weeks ago but idk what now please help

Did you transfer the ceramic pads (those orangish-brownish inserts that were on stock plastic spur/differential gear) onto the steel Spur gear?

I just reread your initial description. if the transmission casing doesn't close properly over the 3 metal gears in the transmission, that could be causing the issue and the wear and/or resonance from that caused other issues over time or something. I don't know - that seems odd. I purchased the set below with the black Hot racing 87T 48pitch spur gear, transferred the stock ceramic pads to new spur gear, clamped down the nut .5mm more (for 3mm length of screw sticking out of nut) and all was well:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/metal-gear-set-all-ecx-1-10-2wd/ECX9001.html

If your gearing feels off, your instinct that this isn't right is probably the source of the issue.

It sounds like you are setting your mesh too tight.

What spur and pinion are you running? Are your new tires bigger around than the stock ones?

Yes they are bigger i thought I was tightening it at first but then I kept stripping the spur I had the stock ones in then I upgraded to 2.8 mt tires i think the problem is the gear box itself. Any one know of a all metal gear box case for my exc amp to use thanks !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back