Need Replacement

shortestpath

Hello, attached is a picture of a part that broke off while using our ECX AMP MT. The green arrow points to where the metal piece broke while landing. This is from the rear left side. Not sure what it's called - left-side rear drive shaft maybe?

What is the warranty for this? I bought it in December 2019. Can I contact the manufacturer for a replacement part? If it's not under warranty, where can I get a replacement?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 2
Part # ECX232005 Driveshaft Pivot Ball.
Hello, attached is a picture of a part that broke off while using our ECX AMP MT. The green arrow points to where the metal piece broke while landing. This is from the rear left side. Not sure what it's called - left-side rear drive shaft maybe?

What is the warranty for this? I bought it in December 2019. Can I contact the manufacturer for a replacement part? If it's not under warranty, where can I get a replacement?

Thanks in advance!
Hey that's part #ECX232005 Driveshaft Pivot Ball. How did it break on you? A replacement set of shafts aren't too expensive, mine haven't gone yet but once they do I'll just replace with something heftier. Could probably find some parts at your local hobby shop or online.

Part # ECX232005 Driveshaft Pivot Ball.

Hey that's part #ECX232005 Driveshaft Pivot Ball. How did it break on you? A replacement set of shafts aren't too expensive, mine haven't gone yet but once they do I'll just replace with something heftier. Could probably find some parts at your local hobby shop or online.
Thanks BCRGuy! This is our first RC (AMP MT). We launched it off one side of a two-sided ramp at a skate park. When it came back down, it landed on the round engine casing, sliding down the other side of the ramp briefly on this casing before the front wheels touched. Right away we noticed it wouldn't speed up anymore, and picking up, we saw the part that holds the pivot ball was just dangling.

Can you pop it back in? Or is the connection broken? I seem to only break Pivot blocks and casters.
I don't frequent the skate park much but I've beat the crap out of my amp. I've upgraded to steel gears in the trans and a metal spur and a brushless setup but my Driveshaft assemblies are still stock plastic. My local shop normally has what I need to fix or replace whatever i break and if not amazon does. I love my amp and I'll drive it till it dies.

FB_IMG_1616303962857.jpg

Yeah, it's broken. The metal pin that goes through the ball is broken off on one side, almost flush to the surface of the ball. When I pop the ball back in the axle part and compare it to the rear right side driveshaft, I can see the "hole" where the broken off metal pin part should have been.

Yeah, it's broken. The metal pin that goes through the ball is broken off on one side, almost flush to the surface of the ball. When I pop the ball back in the axle part and compare it to the rear right side driveshaft, I can see the "hole" where the broken off metal pin part should have been.
Bummer. Least it's not too expensive to replace the shafts completely. Couple threads floating around with alternatives from other brands and off brands on Amazon. Good luck!

Can you pop it back in? Or is the connection broken? I seem to only break Pivot blocks and casters.
I don't frequent the skate park much but I've beat the crap out of my amp. I've upgraded to steel gears in the trans and a metal spur and a brushless setup but my Driveshaft assemblies are still stock plastic. My local shop normally has what I need to fix or replace whatever i break and if not amazon does. I love my amp and I'll drive it till it dies.

View attachment 6879
Hey I saw u have a metal spur and was wondering what set up u have as in motor and esc since I have a metal spur but had problems with stripping I got it all figured out and just waiting to get a plastic spur to test out since I was missing a piece in the transmission. But I have a 2s and 3 s lipo im using. I want to put in the metal but want to know tips if it's worth it in the long run... I have a 4300kv motor and 60 A esc rn also recommended some pin gear sizes that would work best with the metal for speed and bashing

Hey I saw u have a metal spur and was wondering what set up u have as in motor and esc since I have a metal spur but had problems with stripping I got it all figured out and just waiting to get a plastic spur to test out since I was missing a piece in the transmission. But I have a 2s and 3 s lipo im using. I want to put in the metal but want to know tips if it's worth it in the long run... I have a 4300kv motor and 60 A esc rn also recommended some pin gear sizes that would work best with the metal for speed and bashing
When I first got my amp it was used and the trans gears were stripped. I replaced with all metal gears and the metal spur. Power plant was a spektrum 85a firma and 4000kv motor. Could hardly control it on 3s wheelies for days.

Any recommendations on how to properly set the mesh for metal since im still new ive figured out how to take apart and put back the car semi familiar with kv ratings ect. But I seem to keep messing up the spur. changed the bearings and all seems like I might need a new case since I see plastic and some parts shaved down... fix the problem (was missing ... I forget part name and # but sort of like a barring to make the slipper slip it seems since I didn't have it and that's why at first it would tear up my poop... got it working played with it for like 30 min (I love bashing still figuring out how to dive it for what I want it and not damage it to hard (getting a feel for the car) but I seem to have hit the gass on jumps and land on with throttle .found out its bad... again getting a feel for the car... but what I want is to build it to be able to to handle sharp turns >upgrade servo.. and also take flight ik its not a traxxas or kraton ik all cars are not superman treat with car but u get the idea soo yeah lmk on recommendations thank you

Latest posts

Members online

Back