New 2wd brushless Ruckus coming later October

http://www.ecxrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ECX03314

View attachment 2494

It comes with another radio, no AVC, a semi-decent LiPo and 20w charger! (7.6V 3000mAh 2S 20C), new servo!, and in a new color. Same plastic driveshafts unfortunately.

Come on Ecx, stop being like Traxxas, instead of "upgrading" the electronics in your vehicles why not fix the issues that these vehicles currently have like
  • The craptastic servo saver
  • The driveshafts that break on 2s
  • The design of the caster blocks and front axle carriers - I know I am not the only one who is sick of loosing shoulder screws.
  • The rear a arms that catch rocks and tear up the axles.
  • The massive amounts of slop in everything.

I got the aluminum axle carriers after my second ones stripped out. Loc-tite the screws in, never been an issue since. Those u-joints, though. I was a denier of this issue for a while, but recently broke 2 in 3 runs. With a 20t Brushed motor. Really? LOL

I too upgraded to the Hot Racing caster blocks and front axle carriers, I haven't lost a screw yet. I do wish Hot Racing would redesign the axle carriers to accommodate larger bearings like the Rpms do.
I've been temped between the Hot Racing axles that the guys in another thread have been having good luck with or the MIPs. I actually have gotten to the point to where I buy 2 pairs of the stub axles and 2 pairs of the half shafts for the Stampede 4x4, its cheaper to buy the parts separate than to buy the entire axles. I can get a pair of stub axles and half shafts for $14 where the complete axles are $20.
I don't get any notifications from here anymore and I do not know why, I also stopped getting email notifications from the Arrma Forum I still get the pop up notifications in Chrome for the Arrma Forum but nothing from here.

TrGXLuQ.jpg

Goddamnit Hot Racing, that's 10-15 packs max. I'll get a few of the broken parts and the new version (made out of better steel etc).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back