New ECX AMP MT

EastNC252

Hey everyone! Im New to this hobby, minus a brief stint with a nitro Tmaxx like 15 years ago!! Ha. I picked up the ECX amp mt for my 7 year old son for Christmas and he loves it. I went back and bought a second one for me. We have already fried the factory steering servo on his and everything is bone stock! I'm looking to do a few upgrades.
1.Steering Servo
2.Wheel Hub and nuts. (Already broke one)
3. HPI 15T Firebolt
And Im sure a 2s Lipo and Low voltage alarm soon to follow...
As a newbie,, am I on the right track here's?

Attachments

• 20220101_121912.jpg
    20220101_121912.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 9
I’d go ahead and upgrade the esc as well the stock ones aren’t great but you will need a new controller as well, the dumborc is what I use with gyro it’s great and not a bad price. The stock servo has burnt up on 6/7 guys here that I race with so I replaced that with the esc when I got mine

I have heard good things about the DumboRc transmitters, mainly the long range on them. I dont know personally though. I would keep it tame for now, enjoy it with your son, then when he and you are better drivers then you can seek the faster speeds. Just remember the faster you go, the more that may break.
As far as steering servos go, Savox is a decent servo, I have been running a couple of them.

I upgraded to 15T, using the same ESC. I bought the Aarma Mega motor, works like a champ. I ran it with 2s and it was a fun little starter truck. One thing I did was weight down the nose and upped the shock oil to about 40 I think. It sticks to the ground now and handles way better. I also changed out the steering servo.

Everything else is stock.

That's all I did and it made it so much more fun...

I upgraded to 15T, using the same ESC. I bought the Aarma Mega motor, works like a champ. I ran it with 2s and it was a fun little starter truck. One thing I did was weight down the nose and upped the shock oil to about 40 I think. It sticks to the ground now and handles way better. I also changed out the steering servo.

Everything else is stock.

That's all I did and it made it so much more fun...

This was also my first motor an Aarma 15T. I have since gone 12T, and then played with gearing a lot. I think 2S lipo was the most notable speed change. For going around the yard, its super fun and honestly quicker than I can drive (precisely, anyway). It's just faster than my dogs which is what I need.

This was also my first motor an Aarma 15T. I have since gone 12T, and then played with gearing a lot. I think 2S lipo was the most notable speed change. For going around the yard, its super fun and honestly quicker than I can drive (precisely, anyway). It's just faster than my dogs which is what I need.
Who ever said you had to drive them precisely...... I never got that memo.....LOL

Tip#1 Rock retaining walls = bad.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back