New ECX AXE BRUTUS lipo suggestions for European user

bi555

Dear All I live in Europe (I specify that because import from USA is even harder than import from China) but HH and HK GB and TT should have a European distributors

I want to move from Liion to Lipo for some of my cars.
I have 2S lipos on SCX24 with a small USB charger which do a good job and output 2A.
I also have WLToys 12428 with 2s LIion with USB Chargers which also do a good job.
I never tried to charge the lipos with lion charger but I tryed to use my LIION batteries 12428 (1500mAh for 15C) on the brand new EXC AXE & BRUTUS (with proper Deans EC3 connector) with very bad results: at 75% of power they last 2/4 mins (like 50% power with 100% of throttle gain) and 1 minute or so with 100% throttle.
When throttle is settled at 50 or 75% the brakes don't run at all (no way I tryed every combination possible) and we are stunting in a very small room so lot of crashes.

So I decided to move on lipos. I dont have too much budged and I don't know what to choose. Could you suggest to me a brand with is the right balance between quality and price for soft cases 2s lipos?
Which parameter should I know to not damage chargers, esc and batteries due that my lipos should be used both on AXE/BRUTUS (60A ESC) and on 12428 WLToys (unknown Amp ESC)

At the moment I would like to use the chargers for lipos which were stock on SCX24 whch are 2A output if I don't risk to damage batteries or chargers and if the only problem is to wait longer.

Instead of purchase a 5000 mAh (on the AXE box is written that with 5000 mAh run time should be about 15 minutes) I would prefere a couple of 3500 mAh so they shoud fit in the WLToys battery case, avoid to over run with over heating the 12428 and if one battery have a problem I still have another to play waiting for replacement. plus they are lighter.

In case I will find very good offer and I will move to a charger too which one do you suggest to me which can charge two batteries 2s at the same time, which is a good compromise of quality and price and the more thing is safe avoiding as much as possible fire or explosion? Someone suggested me to check it has "storage function" which I don't know what is and I dont know when to use it.

Thanks for help

Thanks for help.

Buy a decent charger. They are not expensive. The chargers that come stock with RTR cars are not good enough for LiPo batteries and will kill LiIon fairly fast as well.

Check that out. Good overview. In Europe you can order from Banggood with no issues. Look for a good deal on a charger that suits you and some LiPo batteries. Kevin Talbot likes the Zop powers and others like the China Hobby lipos. I can’t get them here in Canada so I have Zeee, HRB, and DXF. I suspect there are only a couple of facilities that make them amd these are basically all the same with different packaging and names on them.

I have had no problems with any of them so far but I have not been running them long enough to run into problems. I also carefully maintain storage charge, I charge to 4.17 instead of 4.2 most of the time, and I almost always bring them back at 3.7x volts per cell.

Always always always balance charge. Set your low voltage cutoff at 3.4 if possible (it will drop to that under load and you’ll see 3.7 on the cells at rest likely). Never leave them fully charged for more than a few hours and discharge them to storage charge if you have a breakage and can’t run long enough to discharge it. Always storage charge. Check them regularly. I have cheap voltage alarms I leave plugged in to the batteries with alarms set so I can check them with a glance and if cell voltage drops for any reason they will alarm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back