New LIPO Ruckus - a couple Qs

heckofagator

hi gang, we got a 1/10 Ruckus 2WD lipo verison for Christmas. We are using the stock battery (1400 mah I think?) and an additional 4000mah battery. After running it in the lawn a couple times, we charged up the 4000mah battery and hit the baseball field. It was fun getting some extra speed and spinning around, but only got about 10-15 min of drive time. Does that seem short? I'm going to time it tomorrow.

Also, I assume that the stock ESC can sense the low voltage and will stop the truck from running before the battery gets too low?

Also, is there a way to safely charge the batteries for storage with the stock charger? I have read they should be charged about half way. Since we have a "dumb" charger, should I just guess at a couple hours on the charger and then take them off before they are fully charged?

10-15 minutes for a 4000mAh lipo does seem a little low. If I'm not driving like a bat out of hell, I can usually get 45 minutes to an hour from my 5200mAh lipo on a 4wd circuit.

If you truck is lipo equipped/ lipo capable then it has a low voltage cutoff. Usually this can be adjusted.

You should store your battery around 3.8V per cell. Since your charger likely does not have a storage mode I would charge it a little bit, them check each cells voltage. Better yet, look into a new charger, they are well worth the money.

I get about 25-30 minutes out of my 2s 30c 5000mah on my 4wd ruckus. I could see you getting another 10 min or so jumping up to a 5000mah.

thanks for the thoughts guys. I guess I'm going to put a timer to the battery and see exactly what we are getting. It did just seem a little short to me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back