A little too opaque for me (for the windows). I probably would have tried some tint spray paint. Other than that it looks great!

A little too opaque for me (for the windows). I probably would have tried some tint spray paint. Other than that it looks great!
Tinting on a budget haha. I'm trying to find a different body that I'll really customize and get tint spray. I'm putting my money towards tires and wheels, I wanna see what this thing can do with some sticky tires and weighted wheels!

That's awesome! I thought the body's had to be 1/18?
I'm kinda rolling the dice on it. I figure for $20, at least then I know. The backyard course looks killer! My yard is covered in snow so I have to make due with my little pile of rocks in the garage. as far as mods to the temper go, I would suggest doing at least a partial 4link swap (move the lower links to the middle of the trans plate). slightly reduces the torque twist, slightly less articulation, but much more predictable while crawling. Ive gone hog wild with mine. 1/10th scale tires, hub spacers, partial 4 link, 4 wheel steer (new ESC and TX/RX), and a faster motor.

I'm kinda rolling the dice on it. I figure for $20, at least then I know. The backyard course looks killer! My yard is covered in snow so I have to make due with my little pile of rocks in the garage. as far as mods to the temper go, I would suggest doing at least a partial 4link swap (move the lower links to the middle of the trans plate). slightly reduces the torque twist, slightly less articulation, but much more predictable while crawling. Ive gone hog wild with mine. 1/10th scale tires, hub spacers, partial 4 link, 4 wheel steer (new ESC and TX/RX), and a faster motor.
Thanks! My course was covered in weeds until my kids and I spent a whole day cleaning up. Tires and wheels are definitely next on the list. I also wanna do the 4 wheel steer as well. Do you have a write up on the partial 4 link?

I don't but its fairly simple, and there are a couple ways to do it. Some guys have fabbed a new trans plate out of cuting board, I just drilled a couple holes, set the balls with a couple nuts, and fabbed a metal skid plate.

I don't but its fairly simple, and there are a couple ways to do it. Some guys have fabbed a new trans plate out of cuting board, I just drilled a couple holes, set the balls with a couple nuts, and fabbed a metal skid plate.
I think I've seen yours in that thread, I'll have to look through it again. Thanks!

So the new body can be made to fit. requires some wider body mounts and some trimming, but looks great with the 1/10th scale tires. pictures to come once I finish painting it.

So the new body can be made to fit. requires some wider body mounts and some trimming, but looks great with the 1/10th scale tires. pictures to come once I finish painting it.
Awesome, that's good to hear. I can't wait for the pics!

Awesome, that's good to hear. I can't wait for the pics!
Should also mention it took relocating the body mounts and cutting one of the body holes a little wider to get it to fit. The body does take a slight pinch when being clipped but that's life. All in all im happy with the look of it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back