New motor

Briguy

I just tried to install a Traxxas 15t motor brushed motor into my ECX Ruckus. It feels like the shaft is sticking into the cover. I don't want to turn it on if this is not correct. Has anybody had any problems putting this motor into this truck. It is an older ECX.

You mean the motor shaft is too long? If it's not too much, you could get by with longer motor mounting screws and a couple of washers.

Or do you mean something else with "sticking into the cover"?

Yes the shaft is to long. It pushes against the plastic cover when you reinstall. It pushes into the plastic. Does the cover have to seat all the way down?

You can drill a small hole in the cover and have the shaft stick out. I have a Traxxas 12t in mine, but I run 32p gears so I don't care if the cover doesn't keep all of the rocks out.

Even one grain of sand between the spur gear and the pinion will feel like a pronounced notch when you turn the wheels, so I'd want that cover closed unless you never run through puddles. You could drill a hole and close it up with a dab of silicone over it.

I don't think so. I think Traxxas just uses abnormally long motor shafts, I've heard of people who had trouble reaching the spur gear with the pinion on their Traxxas truck when they installed a different brand motor.

Cut down the motor shaft instead?

Latest posts

Members online

Back