New to the wonderful RC world

Tat2dFr3ak

Hello all,

I just wanted to share a picture of my first RC purchase. I ended up getting the Amp kit because i love the hands on approach to the truck.
Also a quick question for you all I took this beauty out on its first bashing this past weekend and i noticed something aside from the steering servo being a little on the week side. ( waiting for pay day to get the RPM Bellcrank ordered up)
On the rear of the body i noticed i cracked it in two places looks like the body mashed on top of the rear shock tower. So now for my question, is there a way to remedy this and or what are there for aftermarket body options for this truck?
943758_583171785191788_1409766063746802316_n.jpg

Welcome aboard! I love how many folks are entering the RC world thanks to the amp, this little truck was definitely a succes in that regard.

I haven't cracked my body, but it is damaged (creased) where it sits atop the rear shock tower. I would just put two layers of duct tape on the underside of the body there and be done with it until it really tears apart. Mine has seen tons of roof landings and it is still holding up though...

I also love the blue/grey of your kit. And I see many people rocking the Amp body on other models because it is so well proportioned.

I dig the looks of the stock body too. You may have to do some creative trimming/mounting to get aftermartket bodies to fit, as I haven't seen any factory made options besides the stock body. They might be out there in the wild, though...

I've heard good things about Pro-Line bodies, and I think their Ford Raptor body is sweeeeeeeet. If (when, I suppose) I break mine, I'll probably pick one up if the size is close.

You could also mount the ECX Circuit body for a Stadium truck/Monster truck mash-up look. :) Although I believe the Circuit body utilizes mounting posts in the middle of the rear shock tower.

Ill have to look in to the pro line bodies sadly there is only one RC hobby shop in my area so im kind of limited on selection here. But on a lighter note i received in the mail today some Hot Racing aluminum shocks for the front and rear and a 5200mah 2s lipo so i think this weekend should be a good time!

I want to know about those HR shocks! Post some photos if you can. How about the internals? If you're comfortable disassembling them, I'd love to see the inside: piston, how it's mounted to the shaft, etc.

These were the best pictures i could get as i had just gotten them filled with the oil and installed on the truck installed on the truck. Or at least it think there installed correctly there wasn't much in the way of directions for it.

I dident fully break them down but they looked simple enough to break down and feel pretty solid

13164185_585366568305643_3259314571021851367_n.jpg

13165902_585366584972308_2138134308966169279_n.jpg
13138992_585366598305640_8926721344991826048_n.jpg

No problem i did see that hot racing also mad a metal spur gear as well so maybe if the plastic one goes out i may try that but since i only get to drive on the weekends that may take a bit work really cutting in to my new found love for RC

The transmission gears on the AMP are plastic so I'd recommend that you save the metal spur until you upgrade the transmission gears to the ECX metal gear set.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back