Nimh battery charging

Lcrump75

Hey guys, I’m new to the world of rc and I just got my amp mt a few weeks ago. I just got me an extra battery and new charger today( Prophet sport mini 50w and a 3300mah nimh battery). I’m wondering what amp should I be charging my batteries with? 1a-4a and so far I’ve charged one at 2a. Will it do any damage to me or the battery if I go up to 3a or 4a?

I usually charge at 1C (1 x capacity). So, since your battery is 3300mAh I would charge at 3.3 Amps. If you charger has that fine of tuning. That Prophet that you have I would just set to 3 Amps.

Some will say to charge at a lower rate for nimh batteries as it will likely extend the life span a tad. Just keep an eye on the temperature of the battery while it's charging. If it's getting too warm charge at a lower rate.

I usually charge at 1C (1 x capacity). So, since your battery is 3300mAh I would charge at 3.3 Amps. If you charger has that fine of tuning. That Prophet that you have I would just set to 3 Amps.

Some will say to charge at a lower rate for nimh batteries as it will likely extend the life span a tad. Just keep an eye on the temperature of the battery while it's charging. If it's getting too warm charge at a lower rate.

I charged the 1800 and the 3300 both at 2a and neither of them got the slighted bit warm so I may go with 3a next time

Latest posts

Members online

Back