No grease in amp MT kit gearbox?

TrackJunkie

I am working my way though my AMP MT kit and flipped ahead in the book to the gear box. I don't see that it came with any grease and does not seem to indicate that any should be used anyplace? Really? I know that the diff. is pre-assembled with grease but are all the other gears really supposed to run dry? I have always put a light coating of white lithium grease on the teeth of plastic gears, but every other kit I have done has said to...

I have a torment 2wd and I spray white lithium grease all in the housing an over the gears an re assemble I do it every few months win sumtin breaks an I tear it apart an do a once over. I dont know if ur suppose to but I do it. But I'd see what other people say 1st

I just replaced all the gearing in my AMP with metal gears, and TBH there was almost no grease in there when I opened it up. The plastic gears had stripped and melted in an area. Perhaps this is part of the cause. It may be worth it for new owners to open it up, and add grease, they may get more mileage out of the stock plastic gearing if they did so by adding grease?

I've ran it dry and completely packed with grease. I haven't noticed any real performance difference. So I say grease it. In the automotive world there is a saying "lube for life"

I've ran it dry and completely packed with grease. I haven't noticed any real performance difference. So I say grease it. In the automotive world there is a saying "lube for life"

They are meant to run dry but grease/lubricant never hurts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back