Oh yes he did.....

Just fitted a Savox SW0231MG in my Torment 4x4
Steering is much better and straight lining is superb.

So much strength and control.

I also replaced the servo saver with a straight horn.

Went over the suspension and observed a couple of screws that needed tightening on the hubs

Altogether feeling much tighter on the car park test.

Ok, got a bit apprehensive, and have stripped out the Philips head screw holding one side of the steering bellcrank in one torment.
I have a good idea of how to get it out, but I thought I would ask if anyone had any easy peasy tips tricks to remove the screw without damage.

It's the screw on the inside next to the servo. #8 in the parts list manual, shoulder screw?

I am needing some help.
I have the sons car tore apart and figured out that the screw I stripped goes through the chassis into a metal tube.
I thought maybe I could leave that tube in place and worry about the screw later. But looking at the installation of the RPM eliminator bell crank it doesn't really say anything about leaving it on there.
Do you leave this tube on there? The RPM kit comes with two short tube sections?

Side question can I purchase ball bearings for the bell crank, instead of using the plastic bushings or is it ok to use the plastic bushings?

Yes, I know the picture is blurry....(y)
steering post.jpg

I answered my own question, if I would have just looked closer..... *sigh*

Ok, got a bit apprehensive, and have stripped out the Philips head screw holding one side of the steering bellcrank in one torment.
I have a good idea of how to get it out, but I thought I would ask if anyone had any easy peasy tips tricks to remove the screw without damage.

It's the screw on the inside next to the servo. #8 in the parts list manual, shoulder screw?
I hate that....Try rubber band pressed in with clean philips with strength into stripped head to loosen it?

Or... use a drill bit designed to reverse cut a new groove which when you flip round this bit it slowly helps stripped head out. My 2cc...

Latest posts

Members online

Back