Ok.....so this happened....

WithinU

Zeee 5200mAh 7.4V 2S 50C LiPo Battery Hard Case
$20 with my Prime account on the Amazon's.
Yeah I know it's not the higher grade ones, but I was feeling the itch.
Then it started raining and hasn't really stopped for a few days, ?
But it is charged and ready to GOOOoooooooooo

Got a couple of those can't talk about them too much only have them a for a little while but so far I would recommend them. My 5200mah 30c 2s Floureon though have been through hell (mud, rain, jumps, crashes) and would still recommend them for a cheap 2s battery (YMMV).

cHchEsL.jpg

Then it started raining and hasn't really stopped for a few days, ?
But it is charged and ready to GOOOoooooooooo

Don't store a fully charged LiPo for more than a day or two. Better to reduce the charge to "storage" level (about 3.8V per cell) until you're ready to go.

Sorry for not posting a update. I did go and discharge it a bit.
But then got a day where the sun wasn't actually out, but it wasn't raining.
Ran it a few times, first I re-programmed the ESC for LiPo settings.
Ehhhhhhhh, the jury is still out.
I am starting to wonder if I should have listened and got a brushless motor, lower in Kv's. Maybe that's the problem.
Maybe 4300Kv is just to high?

Sorry for not posting a update. I did go and discharge it a bit.
But then got a day where the sun wasn't actually out, but it wasn't raining.
Ran it a few times, first I re-programmed the ESC for LiPo settings.
Ehhhhhhhh, the jury is still out.
I am starting to wonder if I should have listened and got a brushless motor, lower in Kv's. Maybe that's the problem.
Maybe 4300Kv is just to high?

I don't remember your problems or possible solutions to fix your speed issues but the 3650 4300kv motor in my Ruckus boogies alot better than brushed. Lower kv won't help unless you gear up and/or volt up (like 3s).

Well to recap. Santa brought the son a new Torment 2wd, and me a used torment 2wd.
Sons new one, got wet, and stopped moving. Sprung for a new brushless motor and ESC.
GoolRc 60a ESC, 3650 4300Kv motor.
Like I stated in the other post, maybe it's just me expecting too much. I was thinking and maybe wrongfully so.
There would be a night vs day difference. There is a very slight difference. Not so "night vs day".

Then I got the itch, and then purchased a Zeee 2S 7.4v 5200mAh 50c pack thinking that was the missing piece of the puzzle. Ehhhhh not that amazing.

Again, maybe I am expecting way more...….

I haven't had much extra time to poke and prod, and change this or that. I have had some little home projects I wanted done.

Your torment was brushed originally? If so and everything was working properly and set up properly, it should be a night and day difference.

My son has an Amp and I have a brushless Circuit. Definitely a large difference between those two. I know it's not an identical comparison, but it's close enough.

Yes, as stock, it was brushed, and seemed to run as fast as my used torment.
I'll keep poking and proding it, see if I can wake up the bear inside.
But it is supposed to rain all weekend.....*sigh*

Perhaps we should start from square one? What is still stock and what have you upgraded? Have you ever done the install setup of the ESC, endpoints, etc? Changed any other settings?

Is the ESC or motor getting hot? If you take the motor out, does the driveline move smoothly?

Perhaps take a couple good photos of everything on the truck, maybe we'll spot something.

For the most part the truck is basically stock.
The only thing/s I have upgraded so far is.

1) GoolRc combo, 60a ESC, and 4300Kv brushless motor
2) Captured ball links, front and rear.
3) 6" extension ESC to Receiver

Hmmmm now that I think about it, and speculating, would the 6" extension cause any issues?
I wouldn't think it would, but weirder things have happened.

I remeber this one. Wish I could see the truck in person to figure it out. Could be the esc isn't properly calibrated and not seeing full throttle. I know I've thrown a few possibility up and where of no help. So hopefully x can figure it out

Ok, so I just hooked up another goolrc system for one of my son's trucks, same motor as mine(3100kv) same gearing, slightly smaller 2.8 tires. This is my 3rd one. Just testing indoors, full throttle and no tires ballooning. It would slightly balloon the tires with the old 550 brushed motor. It should turn them tires into pizza cutters. So I cranked my throttle trim all the way for forward and it increased the speed noticeably. Now this tells me it's not getting full throttle signal. These dumb spectrum transmitters I have (dx2e) won't go into program mode so I can't increase max throttle output. Which means I have to somehow calibrate the esc. I googled it and couldn't find anything. They come pre calibrated but hopefully I'll find a way to recalibrate it.
Long story short, take your rear tires off, run the truck full throttle forwards, and crank your throttle trim all the way forward. If you hear the motor spinning faster, you have the same issue I just ran into. If not, then I guess that's good. Just remeber to recenter the trim, otherwise it'll keep spinning forward when you let off the throttle.

Ok, so I just hooked up another goolrc system for one of my son's trucks, same motor as mine(3100kv) same gearing, slightly smaller 2.8 tires. This is my 3rd one. Just testing indoors, full throttle and no tires ballooning. It would slightly balloon the tires with the old 550 brushed motor. It should turn them tires into pizza cutters. So I cranked my throttle trim all the way for forward and it increased the speed noticeably. Now this tells me it's not getting full throttle signal. These dumb spectrum transmitters I have (dx2e) won't go into program mode so I can't increase max throttle output. Which means I have to somehow calibrate the esc. I googled it and couldn't find anything. They come pre calibrated but hopefully I'll find a way to recalibrate it.
Long story short, take your rear tires off, run the truck full throttle forwards, and crank your throttle trim all the way forward. If you hear the motor spinning faster, you have the same issue I just ran into. If not, then I guess that's good. Just remeber to recenter the trim, otherwise it'll keep spinning forward when you let off the throttle.

You could be onto something with the radio possibly being the issue. The esc (the cheap ones) auto throttle calibrate no way to change that. The esc determines it's own positioning of the neutral, full forward, full brake/reverse positions.

I use Flysky and Radiolink don't have problems with the cheap escs just have to switch a couple of wires around sometimes to get them to run right but that's with just about everything no matter the brand.

I think you are spot on @Steve g, I played around with the sons Torment, quite a bit Sunday.
Programming this way and that way via the programming card. Changed a thing then run it, change another thing then run it, then revert back to default then run it. Pretty much the same all the way around.
So I thought well the suggested rebinding the controller to set throttle. low and behold, it won't let me rebind. With the bind plug in the receiver all I get is a flashing green light, which is supposed to mean after you go through the rebind process, the flashing green light is supposed to show rebind calibration successful, but as soon as it has power it flashes the green light constantly.
I didn't take the tires off or anything. I did happen to notice, it seemed to have a higher pitch when full throttle reversed. I had it set to %75 reverse, and the program card won't let me set %100 now. reverts back to %75. But the pitch or sound of it, is higher in pitch in full throttle reverse. I tried swapping the motor wires and reversing the throttle. I couldn't get the higher pitch to be in the FWD full throttle position.
This is on a fresh charge of the new 2s Lipo.
So I do have some new receivers on the way. I will try using one of those and see if that helps.

Side note, I don't remember which one of you suggested the fuel line spacers to lower the ride height, what size of hose?

Side note, I don't remember which one of you suggested the fuel line spacers to lower the ride height, what size of hose?

I wasn't the person who suggested it, but I've always seen people use Nitro fuel line. That is generally 3/32 ID. You place it between the shock piston and the bottom of the shock body on the shock shaft.

I'd take a caliper to whatever shocks you're using and measure the OD of the shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back